v. Masquerade

BLOODLINE
v. masquerade

PURE, RED-HOT fury burned within Erin from the moment she witnessed that knife plunge into Jenna's stomach

PURE, RED-HOT fury burned within Erin from the moment she witnessed that knife plunge into Jenna's stomach. She had never been so angry, not once in her entire life. Her heart ached, her cheeks flushed, and steam could practically be seen escaping her ears.

     Erin wanted Katherine Pierce to pay for what she did to her family. She wanted the vampire bitch dead.

     Jenna may have lived, earning a deep stab wound that would eventually heal into a tiny scar, but that didn't mean all was forgiven. Katherine wanted more than to just injure Jenna with that knife. She wanted her to die. She wanted Elena to suffer for not following her commands.

     Erin couldn't just let that go. Katherine was a danger to them all, and she needed to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

     Perhaps that made her a hypocrite. After all, Damon had actually killed her brother. But the difference between him and Katherine came with his feelings of remorse. Damon truly felt horrible for what he did to Jeremy, while Katherine cared about no one but herself. And if she didn't get what she wanted, they would feel her wrath soon enough. Erin couldn't let that happen.

     Less than twelve hours later, Jenna was sent home from the hospital with twenty stitches and strict orders to rest. A simple flesh wound. Nothing more. Lucky couldn't even begin to describe Jenna. The whole ordeal could've been so much worse.

     Erin held a paper bag of takeout from the Mystic Grill, easing the front door of the house open. She pushed it wide, making enough space for Matt to help Jenna hobble inside.

     "Easy. Grab the door, Jer," Matt voiced, holding one arm under Jenna's to keep her upright.

     Erin gave him a flat look from her place in the foyer. "The door's fine, Matt. I got it."

     "Hey, Stop fussing. I'm fine," Jenna chastised them, wincing as she held a hand on her sore stomach.

     "The doctors said that you have to take it easy," Elena reminded the woman, carrying a bundle of flowers and a stuffed bear holding a balloon from the hospital's gift shop.

     They all fully entered the home, allowing Erin to close the door behind them.

     Jeremy nodded, following them with a duffel bag hung from his shoulder. "Yeah, you don't want to rip your stitches, hemorrhage, and die, right?"

     Erin pressed her lips together and quipped, "nice joke, Jer. Way to keep things light."

     Jeremy shrugged, glancing back at her with a tight smile. "I try."