xxv. Jeremy

BLOODLINE
xxv. jeremy

EVERYTHING SPIRALED to the point of no return

EVERYTHING SPIRALED to the point of no return. Plans fell apart, and those intended to meet their end lived to see another day. While others, they were left to burn for their sins.

     Stefan arrived at the Homecoming party just in time to prevent Damon from killing Klaus with the White Oak stake. He knocked his brother aside, giving the hybrid his opportunity to snatch up the weapon and go after Mikael. Klaus drove the stake into his stepfather's heart, causing his body to erupt in flames.

     The aftermath rippled through them, waves of disbelief and immense anger at the fact that their plan failed. An epic disaster that sent everyone into shock.

     Everyone but Erin. The death of Mikael and the loss of the White Oak stake fell onto her shoulders. Hers, Stefan's, and Katherine's. They were to blame for Klaus still walking among the living, but that could also be said for Damon. He was alive because of what they did, even if he never knew it.

     And in truth, Erin didn't feel bad for what happened. They might not have killed Klaus, but everyone they cared about was still living and breathing. That was all she could've really hoped for after the whirlwind of chaos.

     Damon, however, spiraled when the events of Homecoming were said and done. He believed his brother betrayed him, saving Klaus's life and then vanishing off the face of the earth. An act that left them vulnerable to a vengeful Original hybrid.

     With the knowledge that they tried to kill him, Erin and her family and friends were on high alert, anticipating Klaus's inevitable revenge. But as days passed, it never came. They were all left on edge.

     "I feel like I'm going crazy," Elena voiced, fidgeting in her seat as she tapped her chin. "Totally paranoid all the time."

     "You have a right to be," Bonnie spoke from her place across from her. Their chosen table in the middle of The Grill. "Klaus is still out there, and he knows you tried to kill him."

     "Why hasn't he made a move?" Elena wondered aloud, dropping her hand to the table. "There's been no sign of him. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity."

     "That's probably what he wants," Erin added with her hands wrapped around the mug of coffee sat before her. By the way her hands shook, she didn't need the caffeine, but she wanted it. She needed it. "Sit by and watch us all go crazy."

     "Join the club," Bonnie retorted, leaning forward into her arms. "Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare. On repeat."