xvi. Sacrifice

BLOODLINE
xvi. sacrifice

BY THE TIME ERIN and Elijah returned to the Boarding House, the entire place seemed to devolve into chaos

BY THE TIME ERIN and Elijah returned to the Boarding House, the entire place seemed to devolve into chaos. Jenna's discovery of the supernatural world didn't appear to have been the most detrimental thing to happen in their absence.

     Stefan and Damon were amidst a fight when they arrived. Full contact, and neither one of them pulled their punches. Erin didn't know what it was about, but she knew they had other issues than the brothers' disagreement.

     Once Elijah left for the night, promising to return in the morning, Erin sat everyone down and relayed what she learned about Klaus. Everything from his relation to Elijah to the true nature of the curse.

     They were shocked, of course. Who wouldn't be? But Erin had to remind them that it didn't change anything. Klaus would do anything in his power to break the curse, and Elena's life would still be on the line.

     Shortly after sunrise, Elijah came back just like he said he would. Ready to prepare them for the upcoming sacrifice.

     "Tonight is the full moon," Elijah voiced after they convened in the library. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

     "Erin said that the Sun and the Moon Curse is fake," Stefan spoke from the chair he claimed. "That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus."

     "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline," Elijah explained from where he stood. "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it - he'll be a true hybrid."

     Damon strode into the room then and exclaimed, "then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today - with Bonnie."

     "Damon..." Stefan started, but Elena cut him off.

     "No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

     Damon shrugged. "I'll write her a great eulogy."

     Erin's eyes narrowed as she rested on the couch on the opposite end of her sister. "It's not an option, Damon. Bonnie isn't dying," she shot back.

     Damon scowled, but he remained quiet.

     Stefan released a short breath. "Alright, how do we break this curse?"

     "Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward," Elijah stated as he moved across the room. "The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."