Chapter 26

Eliza had managed to call the concierge and told him of her predicament. She didn’t say who she was with, but she said that she was with one of the boys and she didn’t want to put him through the front entrance.

They got in through the white van with all the food ingredients being taken to the hotel. The manager had informed them that they would be arriving, so that made it easier. Eliza and Louis ended up wearing similar white jumpsuits to get in and deliver the shipment.

The girls waiting out back didn’t even seem to notice.

They used the service elevator to get to the room. Louis had his head on Eliza’s shoulder and she had his arm around him. He probably didn’t think that they would be in this situation right now.

It was quiet when they got to their floor.

There was no one else allowed to stay on this floor, aside from One Direction and their staff. It was a security caution to make sure they rented out the whole floor, and that they had access to the floors above and below, to make sure that there weren’t rabid fan girls that tried getting on their floor.

She had given Paul the signal fifteen minutes ago. That was around the time that he probably received the message.

His was the first door that she knocked on.

He was standing speechless, not knowing what to do. Louis was silent, which was quite a feat and quite strange.

Paul had his massive arms around Louis in a second.

“Yeah, can’t breathe there Paul,” Louis said in a strained voice, although he did pat the man on the back a few times.

They congregated in Eliza’s room, much to her bemusement. She wanted to attend to the bullet shots that had hit her back a while ago.

Everyone could hardly stop hugging Louis. It was heartwarming and annoying at the same time.

Literally everyone seemed to be inside her room.

All the bodyguards and the other band mates were there, even the stylists and the sound technicians.

It was like the second coming of Jesus.

Louis let Eliza tell the story, because he didn’t know what she would allow for him to say. He was trying to protect her still going undercover.

“I just know some people,” she said, “and they’re pretty good at finding people. They managed to track Louis’ phone before they destroyed it. They were just planning a stealthy way to get him out, which is why it took this long. All I had to do was wait at a certain place so that Louis could get away. That’s all I did. They didn’t give me any information in case someone went looking for me.”

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Grace said. “That was really dangerous, what you did. What if they found out what you were up to?”