Chapter 25

John would need more time at the hospital. He would be flown back home when he was discharged from the hospital.

Eliza, on the other hand, was at work even at the hospital bed. She immediately went to tracking Louis. It was only Paul she trusted to bring her things. It wasn’t like he could guess the password and other security things she put on her laptop to keep it private, but she still didn’t want anyone to know about her being undercover.

She had to convince the doctors to speed up the process of her healing. The best they could do was giving her delayed primary closure after a few days of letting the wound heal naturally.

They wanted to keep her there for 10 days, but she managed to convince them to let her stay for 5 instead. Her wound wasn’t very deep, and it was just a graze on her side. Besides, if they didn’t let her out, then she would eventually just sneak out.

John would take a lot longer time though.

Louis had been on the television already. The kidnappers had put up a video of him, with his head lolling around. The voice behind the camera was altered. They were demanding twenty million dollars to get him back. It was all over the news. All the fans were hysterical, and people who weren’t, found some pity in them for a famous person that didn’t ask for this, no matter what degree of consciousness he had that he was entering into a life that was full of crazy stuff.

Grace, Steven and Mike were probably wetting themselves with all this publicity. The boys were even more famous than they were before.

Eliza had tracked Louis and where they were keeping him. She just didn’t tell Paul yet, because she wanted to keep it low profile. She couldn’t run the risk of having police cars around and a possible killing of her client. Her tracker made sure to monitor the body heat. If Louis was dead, it would indicate if he was significantly colder.

Louis was strong. She knew it. Eliza just needed to go there alone, without anyone’s life being liable because of her. She could do it.

If not, then she would die trying.

*

The wound was closed, and it would hopefully stay closed, because she didn’t want to run out of time. She had programmed a message to send to Paul in two hours, once she left the hotel. She had stated the location and plan of action in it in the event that she failed. If she hadn’t, he would receive another message from her, and he would follow that plan instead.

She had worn clothes that were easy to move in, and was easy to conceal herself in. She had a line of magazines filled with bullets. She had two pistols with silencers with her, and three knives. One was at the shoulder, and two were at each side of her boot.

It wasn’t the first case that she had to go alone. She was just not used to her clients getting kidnapped. They had all been too well-protected to be kidnapped. This was the first time one of them had gotten kidnapped. Eliza was just nervous because she really didn’t want Louis dead by the end of this.

Eliza took the bike until a block away from the warehouse where they were keeping Louis.