Chapter 7

“Have you seen this?” Eliza said, furious as she showed the articles from her laptop later at the meeting.

Grace looked at the articles and only seemed mildly surprised. “Ahh, time to do some damage control then. Someone of the fans always finds these things and leaks them on the Internet.”

“You do know it’ll just make my job a lot more difficult, right?” Eliza said, not knowing if she was referring to her fake or real one. Either way, there was a lot of work to do because of the article. It seemed that the death threat letter in its original form found its way into the Internet. That just made things a big deal. It wouldn’t be long before the sender would suddenly reappear. Eliza was just hoping that things would go away. Usually, these types of people who targeted big names just wanted attention. Now, they were really going to get it.

“Amy, it’s fine. This isn’t the first death threat we’ve received,” Mike said. “Remember that Mr. X thing? That was a solid winner. People actually got worried with that.”

“There were so many conspiracy theories, and it was just some fan who wanted to show the other fans that they made too much of a big deal about things and really do start all the drama,” Steven said. “We’ve got things under control.”

“Oh yeah, with all your contacts with the media and some blogs to spill some information that sometimes isn’t even true?” Eliza said, still fuming. She had sent in her report to Simon right when she arrived from the concert. So far, there really wasn’t much to tell, aside from the laser scare and the death threat that has now gone viral.

“It’s better to control what they say, rather than just sit and let them think for themselves, isn’t it?” Grace said. “It’s not a big deal, and it’ll eventually be better for the boys and their career, even if they don’t like it sometimes.”

“So far, that Larry thing is the most annoying one that they keep bringing up,” Mike said, looking stern.

“Is that why you still keep up the Eleanor thing?” Eliza asked.

“Well, it’s not like Louis is comfortable coming out. He and Harry are just really close, but they’re obviously not together. You’ve seen them together. It’s just friendly banter. We would just rather it not suddenly come out because of the pressure he’s receiving,” Grace said.

“Any more ‘girlfriends’ that I should worry about arriving?” Eliza said, making air quote gesture with her fingers when she said ‘girlfriends’.

“Well, we won’t have Perrie to worry much about. It’s Zayn that’s more difficult, with his obvious groupies always posting stuff on the Internet. Honestly, it’s like these girls are stupid with their posting evidence that they hooked up with a person that they didn’t even know,” Steven said, rolling his eyes. “It just makes everything more difficult to control.”

“I’m afraid to ask if Taylor and Harry are even legitimate…” Eliza said, sitting down. She needed a cup of coffee. This sudden information of the inner workings of management just suddenly all sprouted up now.

“We don’t really need to touch that one. It’s good publicity either way,” Steven shrugged. “We just hire the photographers.”

“He’s almost done with her anyway,” Grace said. “You know how Harry is.”

“Let’s get back to business with El and Lou now, shall we?” Mike said, putting his hands on the coffee table. “We’ll talk about the other things soon, but our immediate concern is them.”

“Lottie is flying out, isn’t she?”

“Like you didn’t perfectly time that visit…” Eliza muttered.