Chapter 5

Eliza made her own security sweep of the place as she walked around by herself. Currently, she was backstage, and the boys were in sound check, doing their thing. She didn’t want to draw attention to herself anymore, what with security already wondering why she seemed to have gotten past without them noticing.

She had instructed them to ease up when it came to the fans, since the boys liked meeting their fans at the appropriate times. Since Eliza knew all about the complaints of the boys, and she was technically here to make things better, she tried doing that job as well.

Apparently, security team had backed the boys away before because they would only take photos if they were getting paid for it. Harry was the more stubborn one among them, and always had a sharp tongue that got him into trouble a lot.

They were a lot more complex than what she perceived them to be. She didn’t think they were idiots either, so they would probably notice things about Eliza if she were going to try acting like friends with them.

She needed to be careful how she acted around them. Her acting skills needed to be ten times better, since she would be portraying herself as a completely different person with a different personality and more conventional interests.

There were other people around the backstage hallway. Most of them were too busy with their own work to pay attention, but some looked up to smile at her and she had to smile back.

It’s only acting, and it would only be for a few more months and she would be free of this.

One of the sisters of someone was going to fly out to meet him. Louis’ sister, as Eliza recalled was the one, as she checked under the chairs of one of the rooms. She honestly didn’t even know what she was looking for. It felt like she was a dog chasing her tail. She had no real goal except to keep the boys happy and safe, just as Simon had requested.

So far, there weren’t any threats. It had been pretty quiet lately. There weren’t any leads, so it wasn’t as if Eliza could work on that.

“Amy, Eleanor will be arriving later tonight, and Grace said that she’d be expecting you at the airport with Chaz,” said Marie, one of the persons from the team. “Grace said you’d have a meeting at her hotel room with Mike and Steven about it later at 10. It’ll be about the situation.”

“Excuse me?” Eliza said, a little startled at this influx of information that she didn’t need right now. She was already more than frustrated with not accomplishing her real task. It wasn’t the first time when she had meetings with the main heads of the crew that were part of the management, so she was in the know of all the major changes, but this didn’t make sense to her. They really genuinely seemed to think that she was part of Modest. “What situation?”

Marie looked at her strangely. “Eleanor and Louis…? You should already know this, Amy. You have been acting weird these past few weeks.”

“Feeling a little under the weather,” Eliza said as an excuse, fanning herself a bit. “I think I’m coming down with something.”

“Right. Anyway, Eleanor at 6 and the meeting at 10, after the concert.”

“Got it. I’ll be there. I’m assuming I have the same car ready for me?”

“Of course.”

“I’ll see you later then, Marie,” Eliza said, waving as she went on her way. She walked faster than usual, her head working double time. Louis and Eleanor? The girlfriend?

Eliza had seen more than a fair share of conspiracy theories about the Eleanor Calder girl. Some said she was a beard. Some said that her father worked with management, resulting in her being a beard. Some said she didn’t even exist, and that it was just a pseudonym to protect her true identity. Some said there was two of her that was interchanged and photographed with Louis. It was intriguing and she delved deeper into it in the off chance that there was some truth behind it.

Of course, this wasn’t all available on the Internet, and there would hardly be any data about certain publicity stunts like this readily available for her. There was no viable proof that she was pretending to be Louis’ girlfriend to hide him being gay, but there was some sense in the photos of a woman from management always being around when they were together. Eliza had even met the woman.

So, Eliza knew that it was a cover. It couldn’t even be a publicity stunt, since there was nothing to be gained from Eleanor. Eleanor wasn’t even famous. She was a substantial and real person and Eliza had the records of it on her laptop. Her father did have work that could be related to One Direction and their management though. Eliza could hardly believe that a father with a decent income would whore up his own daughter and make her a beard for someone though, even for a substantial amount of money.

With Mike, Steven and Grace though, Eleanor had come up, but it was more along the lines about when she could be flown out for Louis. Other than that, there really was no scheming involved about it.

There was something about Eleanor that made Eliza know that it wasn’t a real relationship with Louis. They were probably friends, but they probably didn’t love each other.

Eliza would find out soon enough, when she met Eleanor later.

There were still a lot of things that she didn’t know about the boys.

And she seemed to think that she had them all figured out.

There were more things to learn about the inner workings of management. There was a reason why the boys had complained about them. It had seemed that management overworked them and seemed to regard them as moneymaking machines as opposed to human beings.

Rebecca Ferguson even had a case with the management.

Eliza knew that she had to get down to the root of the cause. There was never the option of ruling out even the things that were close to home.

~

I finally had enough muse to work on this story! Hopefully this will be a good plot and I can pull it off the way I want it to. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!! xx

Disclaimer: the events, relationship and character changes that will transpire in this plot are in no way reflective of how the boys are in real life or in their relationships. This is a fictional story and is only a product of the author's imagination, and will contribute to the pace of the plot. 

Just putting that out there since a lot of 1D fans have their own otp's, ships and opinions about certain things going around with the One Direction boys. The story does not reflect what I believe either. It will be used purely for plot purposes.