Chapter 18

See! Trying my best to update! <3 Enjoy!

~

Her line of work required maximum discretion and plenty of discipline. That was a given. Eliza was always tried to adhere to that.

But then, a person couldn’t always stick to one routine. It was in Eliza’s nature to dislike monotony, and this was obvious in most of her choices. Once in every job she had, no matter what client or what place she found herself in, Eliza would go off. It wasn’t a predictable time. It could happen at the start, or the middle, or the end. She didn’t know the trigger of it either, or if there was one.

One thing was reliable though. She was sure that it would happen once in every job. It didn’t usually affect her work. A few times, a client had approached her after taking notice of that one indiscretion. There really wasn’t anything to complain about though, since eventually, Eliza pulled through.

That one time of explosion had to occur during a day off.

There were just so many statistics and numbers and leads that didn’t connect to anything. Everything started to blur in her head. Her brain started to be filled with too many things. Eliza needed to empty it out. She just needed to breathe.

This case had been stressing her out, with five people to take care of.

She had a small stash of kush. For some reason, she had it around, but she wasn’t consistent in smoking up. She looked at it as she took it out though. It was vital that she remain alert, especially with the height of threats.

It had been two weeks since the last warning, and nothing had happened. Besides, there had been crisis situations that happened during her one-time bursts though, and she handled those quite nicely. She attributed it all to muscle memory and insanely quick reflexes.

She just had to bring the boys along with her. To be fair, she hadn’t planned it and the night just went on pretty, well…unplanned.

One hit became a whole roach, as she expertly rolled up in the bathroom. She kept the smoke in her lungs. She always had good stuff, due to her shady dealings before she got into the more respectable side of her business.

It wasn’t very unexpected of her. She was loaded with cash by the time that she was seventeen, because of her genius brain that seemed to encode everything very well. Add the fact that she had no guidance ever since she was born, and no one to teach her or control her what was right from wrong.

Whatever Eliza was, she was that way because of the mistakes that she had made before. It hadn’t come magically.

She was genius seventeen year-old with no supervision whatsoever, and had a penchant for defying what challenged her.

Of course there were a lot of wild nights and illegal activity. The reason she knew a lot about the tricks were because she had already done them.

Some of the smoke seeped through when she opened the door to get out. Harry was the one who was knocking on the door. Eliza felt the hit, but it wasn’t enough yet. She needed to mellow out a little more.

“What do you want?” she asked Harry.

“Me and the lads were wondering if we could have a few drinks at the bar around the corner,” Harry said, raising an eyebrow as he looked over her shoulder. “We can afford a bit, since we don’t have anything in the morning. Hang on, what’s that smell?”

Eliza deliberated for approximately two seconds, before she said, “Can I come with you? Hold on…”

She pulled him into the room so that the stench of it wouldn’t reach into the hall. She didn’t need to explain that much if some staff decided to walk by and recognize the smell.