Chaoter 10 : Escape

Sam POV
Ringing.....there's an endless ringing. It won't stop. Why won't it stop? Sis....where is Sis. Mum...Dad......where are they?

Heather POV
It's quiet....so quiet. Brother..... where is he? Mum, dad.....where are you?

Cordelian POV (Queen)
I could only freeze as the smoke covered the center of the ballroom. It's darkness swallowing the white walls. The grey so smooth it's like puddles of rain. It was horrifying, it was sad and it was so, so dark.

Normal POV
Heather had Sam were heavily injured, blood ran from their heads, accompanied with an unwelcoming headache back to reality.
"Sam? Sam! Are you ok!?" Heather yelled.
"Yes I'm fine, how bout you? You don't look so good yourself." At that heather pouted.
" I look fricken' Majestic." Her hands folded in front of her. Her hair a birds nest of tangles and knots.
"Yeah, sure, if that's what you want to call it."

*BOOM!*

"What was that? Heather, get behind me!" She shuffled quickly, preparing for any surprise attack. There was a crackling sound from inside the ballroom, it was hazy and full of smog. The siblings could barely see past it, all was to be reliant on their ears. "Sam, what's going on?"

"I have no idea..." his stance was lax but his face showed otherwise. "Come on, let's go find mum and dad." They ran to the back of the garden in the hedge maze, always stick to your heart and you'll find the center. At the center was the Tree of Emotions. "Come on, think of mum and dad and we'll be transported to them. Ready?" The siblings held hands and though of their parents, their kisses goodnight, a gentle hug from mother and words of their fathers encouragement. Before they new they had transported back into the palace.

"Children! There you are, we were so worried. Are you hurt anywhere?" Their mother was already checking off injuries despite the smoke of the teleportation still lingering. "No mum, were fine.  Just-I-....were just fine." The Queen brought his kids into a tight hug, afraid they would disappear in the smog.

"We have to get out of here, the castle is shrouded with enemies." The fire in the Queen's eyes burned, "if we don't do so now we are going to die here!" He grabbed his children and ran to the exit, just as they were about to open the door a sword stopped them. The Queen followed the sword length all the way to figure covered in smog. As the shrouded figure was revealed, the face of a female appeared, her deep green dress hugged her figure. Her dusty brown-blonder hair was wavy all round, the top half weighted down by a barrette encrusted in emerald and diamond. The heels were black but barely visible through all the miasma pooling at the woman's feet.  She was certainly dressed for a party, however clearly not invited.

"You!" The Queen was on full defense now, knowing exactly what the threat was. "Hello Cordelian! Miss me and- oh my! Are those you children?" She inched closer to them, the smoky mass curling along with her smile. "Stay away from them Megynva!"

"My my! So aggressive, afraid I'll steal them away like I almost did you husband that day?" Oh, she was certainly asking for death now.

Been a while since I've updated this story just felt like doing it now. Here's the introduction the villainess of the story! Be prepared to absolutely despise her :) She was inspired by this photo (mainly the dress) https://i.pinimg.com/474x/c3/90/7b/c3907b735cc03b1a636f752c4c6c31b9.jpg . Anyways hope you liked! <3