Chapter 4.

"He suddenly wants to walk back in our lives"

Jacques POV.

After I left the dorm and went home I saw the last person I wanted to see here in California, in our home.

"Hi son".

He stood to his feet as I entire through the door.

"What are you doing here?".

"Oh come on son, I'm here to talk".

"Talk!".

I scoff.

"If you wanted to 'talk' you would have come home early, showed up and my games like you always promised and never did."

"Son that was the pass, I'm here to make things right".

"Make things right?"

"Yes son, please just-"

"You had that chance. So you can just drop of your monthly cheque if that's the read on you are here and just leave".

"Jacques Dywon Solan!".

My mother called my name out in full and I personally hates it when she does that but I was more focused on being angry at my father.

"Because of you and the life I saw you lived I was walking down that same path which  I thought was okay, if it wasn't for mom and my friend I would have turned out to be like you".

"I'm sorry son".

"Sorry just doesn't cut it now you asshol-.

"Jacques!".

I was cut off by my mother once more.

"He's sorry son, he just came to ask for forgiveness, we all can move on from the pass".

"What! Forgiveness! Mom you were the one he left at home worried sick about him while he was out cheating on you every night with a different 'honey'  and now you want to forgive him?".

"Son just hear me out".

"You make me sick".

I said and walked away and left both of them standing there.

"Jacques".

My mother whispered I didn't look back because I didn't want to see my father standing next to her.

Truth to be told I thought my father was cool, driving around in his expensive cars, buying me expensive things until I started to realised that those things didn't matter as I got older because he was never at home and I've always wanted him to be there.

During my childhood days I was one of those kids that would stood on the field and looked at the bleachers stand to see my dad apart of the big wave but he was never there. My mother was my number one fan. I would only be congratulated in the mornings with a gift and a note saying

"Saying I'm sorry son, you bet I'll catch the next one".

I'm not going to lie for a second,  I did enjoyed receiving gifts from father only because I thought that it was his way of saying sorry and that those gifts set my popularity bar on a night chart at school. Girls would be all over me and I dig that a lot and for some reason that's the kind of life I wanted to live.

But now, all of that have changed and I wanted to be a better person because I saw what my dad did to my mom and I never want anyone to feel the way I saw her, but I've made that choice when I first met Elizabeth.

The first time I saw Elizabeth I thought I could easily sweep her off her feet but that didn't work out too well for me when she scold me and also her overly protective boyfriend threatened me.