Chapter 24

I'm lonely, but that's better than being around people who don't give a damn about me.

Kigamki Natsuru

5 Years Ago

"Alright class, we have two new transfer students. Be sure to give them a warm welcome." I watched a sensei beckoned two identical kids into the room. As soon as they entered whispers broke out through the room.

"Twins?!"

"He's so cute, I wonder if he will go out with me."

"The other looks hot, he's glaring so I bet he's a Tsundere."

"Please introduce yourselves," Sensei said, quieting the class with just those words.

The boy on the left stepped forward, flashing a smile that killed almost half of the girls in the class, "Hello! My name is Adain and this is my older twin brother, Avary. We are both 10 years old and from America. I love playing basketball while Avary loves to make the plays. Please take care of us." The two of them bowed briefly before looking up at sensei who flashed them a smile before thanking them and sending them to sit across from me in the last two empty seats.

After the teacher began to teach one more, I noticed a sheet of paper being pushed in front of me, glancing up, I saw Adain smiling at me as he nodded toward the paper. Getting his hint, I opened the folded page and slowly read the words written on it.

'What's your name?'

Looking back at the teacher, I made sure she was focusing on the board rather than the class. Noticing that she was, I scribbled by response before sliding the sheet back.

'My name is Natsuru, but you can call me Natsu.'

Adain showed his brother the note before writing something else down and passing it back so me.

'Nice to meet you, Natsu! I hope we can become friends, Avary too. Do you play basketball by any chance?'

Tilting my head, I wondered how he knew but after noticing the basketball stickers on my notebook and pencil box I brushed off the question.

'Yup, coach said I'm really good. A real prodigy he says.'

It wasn't until after I passed it back did I realize how arrogant that sounded. Thankfully, the twins didn't seem to mind because after reading the response they smiled and Adain bagan to scribble down his own reply.

'Me too! Back in america, ma and pa and the coach always told me I'll make it to the NBA and Avery will become the team's manager that will take us to the championships.'

After that we began to pass notes back and forth, sharing information with each other. Avery joined in after a while, his handwriting was surprisingly neat compared to most 9 year olds. When I wrote this he seemed to get flustered because the thank you he wrote back was a tad bit more sloppier.

By the end of the day we learned tons of things about each other. I told them about my older brother while they told me that they had an older sister who was already in high school and their many pets they had to leave in America save for their pug named Dora.

It was after the bell rung signalling dismissal did Adain calm down, he's been hyper every since I promised to take them to the gym so they can join the team. It was a good chance I could get them in, Onii-chan was the captain and the coach deemed me one of his favorites.

Avery tried to calm him down but gave up around 2 o'clock. I notice that although they shared the same face, their personalities could not have been any more different.