Chapter 7

I enjoy being average because anything above or below would cause too much effort. 

Kigamki Natsuru  

"Natsuru, hurry up. The guest will be here any moment." Came the loud voice of my dad from downstairs. We all were currently preparing for the guest that my father had invited over today for dinner. Everyone else had been dressed and ready a full three hours ago, while I, on the other hand, was just waking up and getting ready to greet the people who will be dining with us in less than thirty minutes. I had just finished my shower and now I was looking through my closet for something presentable to wear. Usually, I would've thrown on a pair of thai pants and a shirt and called it a day but knowing Liz, shes most likely glare at me throughout the whole dinner then lecture me afterward. And to be totally honest, I'd rather go a day with hearing her scream down my ear about how I'm embarrassing my father. 

After a full minute of searching, I finally settled on a pair of black skinny jeans and a white button-down shirt, followed by a loosely tied tie, a black blazer, and my trusty black Vans. It looked messy professional, plus it was kind of comfortable to wear. After running a hand through my hair in a lazy hope to style it, I finally exited my room and headed downstairs. Looking around, I noticed that both my father and Namiki were wearing slacks followed by a white button down and tie, while Liz was wearing a flowing dress and heels that looked practically impossible to walk in. That being said, when her eyes landed on my outfit she practically had a mini-stroke. 

"Why are you wearing jeans? Do you not care about our reputation? And fix your tie, it's terribly tied, and your hair, you cant call that formal at all it looks like you just splashed water on it and ran a comb through it once then decided to take a short nap before waking up and running your hands through your hair in order to smooth it." Liz ranted while walking up to me and fixing my tie along with trying to tame my hair. I heard my dad let out a laugh before walking over and placing his hand on top of her's. 

"Liz, its fine. You cant expect him to wake up and try to look his absolute best for a bunch of strangers Im having dinner with. Besides, this outfit seems pretty normal for kids of his age." He gently pulled her hands away from my hair before grabbing them and heading towards the door. "Come on, if he goes to change now we'll be late." And with those words, we were out the door. 

***

"Alright we're here, remember to be polite Natsu. Meaning falls asleep at the table and doesn't just order sweets." I only nodded as my Dad twisted around and tightened my tie before straightening his and unlocking the doors. 

"And don't ask for chicken poppers like you always do, if I hear the word 'poppers' leave your mouth.." Liv didn't get the chance to finish her threat since Namiki clapped his hands and announced that if we didn't exit the car will be late. 

Opening the door on my side, I stepped out of the car, stretching before slamming the door shut. I walked a few feet behind everyone else, not really caring all that much if we're late or not. I'm sure no one would care if I showed up at the table a few moments later, it's not like I wanted to be here in the first place. I'd rather be at home watching anime or shooting hoops at the local public court. Anything would be better than sitting at a table full of strangers who will either ignore me or ask a bunch of awkward questions. 

That lead to me wondering why I was even here. If it's a business trip, my presence isn't even needed. It's not like I work at the company my dad manages, I'm not even the heir honestly. I understand why Namiki is here since he's next in charge, and Liv is my dad's wife so she should be here. But I'm just the second son who has absolutely nothing to do with this company. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Namiki telling me to hurry up while he was holding open the door. Instead of jogging over like a normal person would, I kept walking, maybe going a tad bit faster than I was before. I watched as Namiki rolled his eyes before jogging over to me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me behind him. I let out a soft grunt but didn't say anything as he dragged me into the fancy looking restaurant. 

"Come on, mom and dad are waiting for us along with the others." Was all he said as he smiled at the waitress after she lead us to the privet room where the others were waiting. He thanked her before knocking on the door twice, earning a loud "Come in," In response to he slides open the door. 

I kept my gaze on my feet, not really looking forward to meeting the other people in the room. At least that was until a familiar voice called out my name. I slowly raised my head and allowed my eyes to fall on a certain redhead. "Hello, Nasturu-Kun." Akashi nodded as he briefly patted the empty seat beside him. 

Once Namiki lets go of my wrist I walked over to the seat and sat down. Once seated I nodded back at Akashi, mumbling out a barely audible, "Hello, Akashi-Chan." I could feel eyes as he exchanged those words. 

"Ah, Seijuro. You seem to know him." The other redhead in the room said, his stern gaze focused on Akashi. His father, I'm guessing. 

"I do, he is a teammate on my basketball team at school. He is the first string like myself." Akashi said, his eyes turned towards his father but not focusing on him. 

"I see," Were his father's last words spoken to Akashi before focusing on my own father. "Kigamiki-San, this is my son Seijuro Akashi. I apologize for the late introduction."

"It's not a problem, Akashi-San. This is my wife, Elizabeth and these are my two sons, Namiki, my oldest, and Natsuru, the youngest." I bowed slightly when my dad pointed towards me. 

"Nice to meet you all," Akashi-San said, smiling a bit before his face turned stern once more, "Now let's get down to business." With that, a hard of waitresses and waiters walked in carrying plates for us all. 

^^^

I'm a good ten minutes past the time I said this will be published. I'm sorry.

-Lilah