Chapter 21

My doctor told me I have have to start getting healthy, so I walked to McDonalds yesterday.

Kagamiki Natsuru

My eyes scanned them all, not knowing what to say. Fortunately, I didn't have to say anything due to a serious looking Akashi  speaking up, his words causing my stomach to twist up and my mouth go dry with nerves, "Natsuru, we need to talk."

+++

I looked at their faces, they all had a serious look on their face, save for Kise who was supporting a pair of puppy dog eyes. Swallowing thickly, I calmed my nerves the best I could and put on my usual bored mask. 

"N-Now? I have to practice some more, if I don't I know Momoi will find out. She always does." I mentally beat myself up at the crack in my voice, I wasn't trying to allow a weakness to show but one still popped up anyway. 

Akashi didn't answer, instead he just sighed before stepping back. I had thought he had given up, but as I was silently giving my prayers of thanks to whoever it was that saved me, I had failed to realize that the purple haired titan had crept up behind me until it was too late. 

Before I even knew it I was a few feet in the air, flopped over Murisakibara's shoulder as if I was some sort of weightless doll, which I probably was to him. 

I wanted to flop around and try to get out of his hold but one look at the distance between myself and the ground stopped me. The fall would not break anything, but I do know that it'll hurt my smaller frame to fall onto the hard wood floors from this high. 

A muffled snicker divided as a cough caused me to focus my glare on the tanned teen who was staring at me, amusement clear in his eyes, "The view must be nice up their shorty." His words caused tick marks to appear over my head, I tried to ignore it but their was no mistaking the heat that crept onto my cheeks. 

Huffing, I pressed my head into the back of Muraskibara, "Stupid ganguro." I muttered out just laugh enough for Aomine and the others to hear. 

My words seemed to have triggered something because next thing I knew Aomine was yelling while the others were laughing,  Akashi and Midorima sporting a smile rather than laughing, probably thinking they were too cool for that. 

I felt myself smile as well, different emotions welling inside of me. Anger, hurt, confusion, but the most promenade one at the moment was happiness. I was so glad that they were talking to me, the atmosphere  was just like it was before the whole confessions thing, there was still hints of awkwardness in the air but most of it was gone. 

The last thought made me frown, were they not happy as just friends? Were I being selfish by ignoring their feeling and wanting things to remain as they were now? Before this all happened? 

Unable to contain my thoughts for much longer, I asked the question thats been on my mind since the beginning of this all, "Why?"My voice was quiet and muffled from the taller teens shirt but the silence that followed proved that they all heard me. Growing a bit more courage, I continued, "Why me? You literally could have anyone so why? Theres nothing special about me, Im average looking and a lazy to the point it unhealthy. So tell me, why are you guys trying to ruin a friendship for a flop like me? If it really worth it?"

The shaky movements of Murasakibara came to a halt, I expected him to put me down but his next movements surprised not only me, but the others as well it seemed based on how their eyes widened a bit when the purple made the move. 

He had slid me off his shoulder and instead moved me so I was face to face with him. On pure instant, my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck while his larger hands supported my weight by grasping my thighs. 

It took a a second to fully process what happened, and once I did my face seemed to grow a million degrees hotter, my mask completely melting away from its heat as I looked into Murasakibara's eyes. Unlike my own wide ones, his was almost shut in a glare. 

I wanted to tell him to put me down or tell him how awkward this was but the words got caught in my throat, all I could do or say was stare and gasp. My mouth opening and closing my a fish on land. 

Pulling me impossibly closer, Murasakibara spoke up, "'Why?' You ask?" His voice was deeper than usually, Its to voice he used when he was upset or serious about something, the voice he would use to threaten people who took away his snacks. "Is that even a question? How could we not, you say all this stuff but I only hear lies. Natsu you're far from average, you're like pastries made from the best pastry chef in the world. Sweet, cute, tasty, everything you can think of when hearing the word pastry. Like a mochi or dumpling with ecru stuffing or-" 

Scoffing loudly, I tugged on his ear since it was the closest thing to my hand, "You're just calling me fat now-"

"No!" I jumped slightly at the loud voice, my head turning towards the owner so fast I thought it would snap. To my utter surprise, it was Kuroko who had yelled that out. 

It was unexpected, the usual quiet and calm Tetsuya yelling out like that. I tried to look at his eyes, to read his emotions since his face never gives them away, but his bangs created an erry shadow over his eyes. It was quiet for a bit, no one talking most likely in order not to set off the already upset Kuroko. 

After a few deep breathes, Kuroko calmed down enough to look up at me. I could finally see the emotions wavering through his eyes, however they were flickering too fast to actually catch. "Natsuru, was Murasakibara-kun is trying to say is," Another deep breath, "You're perfect the way you are, its because you are how you are that I--no, we, fell for you. You say you're average looking but I think you're the most beautiful person in the word, im pretty sure youre more beautiful that Adonis-"

"Who?"

"-Not now Aomine-kun; You say that you're lazy but I think out of all of us you work the hardest. As for ruining this friendship," The teal haired boy walked closer, he reached up for my hand but since he was too short to actually reach it while I was this hight up, he grabbed my leg instead, "Natsuru, I don't think there was anything in the world, that would stop me from being for friend. However, if I could be your lover as well..im sure that'll be a pretty nice bonus." He finished his speech with a smile, his neck craned up and the way the light from the window shined against him I was pretty sure he was heaven sent. 

Seeing my eyesight begin to blur, I placed my head in the cook of Murasakibara's neck. I was about to say something, maybe a thank you or something along the lines of one, but before I could even think of a proper response Kuroko made a sound of remembrance, causing me to look back down at the teal haired teen. 

"Oh and," Tilting his head to the side, his adorable smile turned into a off-putting smirk, "Extra stuffing in the dumpling is the best part, more to chew on." 

While the others laughed once more I let out a groan, "Please don't, I was actually getting emotional now the moment is ruined." Even though I said that, there was no stopping the blush on my cheeks, the thumping of my heart, or the smile on my face

***

A new book and five updates this week AND its only Tuesday? Damn I really am spoiling you all. I was supposed to leave a cliffhanger for at least four days but I posted the next chapter two days later. SMH. 

Also have you guys watched TXT's debut music video? If not y'all gotta, Issa bop and the dance is lit and the members are cute + their within my age group, for the first time I Stan someone around my age. 

And anyone who has seen Jus2 'Focus on me' please fangirl with me or send and ambulance, my Bias (JB) and bias wrecker (Yugyeom) really have for my wig and heart like that, LIKE THEY DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO BE THAT RUDE YET THEY WERE FUCKMEIHATETHISTHEYALMOSTGOTMEPREGANTE

Anyway, please vote and comment! They motivate me to update faster. 

~Lilah