Chapter 14

'I love you' is everyone's favorite three words, but 'I want sleep' truly are the superior trio of words.

Kigamiki Natsuru

It's been two days since I've last talked to or heard from Aomine or the other five. After kissing me, Aomine left in a hurry, seemly forgetting all about our sleepover. Since it was Friday when he came over, I hadn't been able to corner him due to the fact that I did not know his address and it was the weekend.

I tried to call the other miracles to see if they heard from the dark-skinned teen along with confirming what he had told me, but none of them responded. Not even Kise, who usually responded right away.

It's been stressing me out, I couldn't even successfully take my hourly naps anymore. That's why I was now standing in the gym, work out clothes on and waiting for the others to show up.

When the coach walked in he nearly cried of joy upon seeing me, probably glad I was here early volunteerly for once. Usually, he'd had to send another member to drag me to morning practice. Even then I would nap on the bench instead of doing proper workouts.

"Kigamiki-Kun! I'm so glad to see you here, on time and in uniform. I feel proud, I might just cry. Does this mean you're looking forward to Wednesday's match? I knew you would, it's a strong team after all." The old man was beyond excited, he'd always been trying to get me to play my full potential, always encouraging me.

I feel bad, now that I think about it. Everyone else had given up on trying to get me to play with my all, but he never did. "You'll make it far if you actually try." He'd always tell me. And seeing the stars in his wrinkled eyes- it'll break my heart to destroy his hopes.

So instead of telling him how I was actually here to demand answers from my teammates, I flashed a lazy smile before nodding my head, "Yup, middle school is only three-years I better start making memories before it's too late."

The elder man chortled loudly while smacking my back with a strength no one his age should have, "Your absolutely right. That's the thinking youth should have. Anyway, it's still pretty early. Only 6:30 and practice starts at 7, so you can either take one of your beloved naps, work on homework you probably forgot over the weekend, or warm up and shoot some hoops."

Sighing, I decided to do the last choice much to the coaches shock. The gym was empty but that's to be expected, I had forgotten practice starts at 7 and came too early. But who can blame me? I'm not dragged here until 7:30 at least.

After stretching my limbs, I grabbed a ball before walking to one side if the court, bouncing the ball as I did so. The coach had already gone into his office, so now I truly was the only one.

Dribbling the ball, I let my mind wander. Of course, today's main thought train was about my fellow teammates. The famous Generation of Miracles, the only group I'd actually call my friends including Mo-chan.

How long had they liked me? Aomine said since the beginning of our first year but what about the others? Or was Aomine lying? If so, why'd he lie about that? If not, then how did he know they had a crush on me? Did they all talk about it? If so, when did this meeting occur?

I hadn't even noticed that people had already arrived and we're watching me until coach had yelled out at me that practice was starting.

Blinking my eyes to rid the questions, I looked around and noticed I was still hanging from to hoop after doing what I am assuming a smash. Letting go, I landed perfectly on my feet. My breathing was heavy and my limbs sorry and sweaty.

Taking deep breaths, I walked to the bench and grabbed my water and towel, wiping off the sweat and taking large gulps of the cool liquid.

I'm tired now, I hadn't had much sleep due to my thoughts running wild and after blowing off steam I was exhausted. Sitting down on the bench, I placed the towel over my head.

I don't know what to feel at the moment. Anger? Sadness? Joy? Relief? I honestly did not know.

I hand on my shoulder caused me to look up to see who the owner of the hand was. Standing in front of me were the six who caused my stress. Akashi was the one who tapped me, his expression was call yet serious.

Raising an eyebrow, I waited for him to talk. Noticing this, the redhead finally spoke up, "Natsuru, we need to talk."

Scoffing, I shrugged his hand off me before standing up, glaring that the six of them. "Oh, so now you wanna talk." Sarcasm was strong in my voice as I rolled my eyes at them. I saw Kise flinch while Midorima fiddled with the pack of crayons in his hand. "You guys have to wait. I promised coach I'll practice."

With those words, I moved past the group. I made a few steps before a hand on my wrist stopped me. Turning around, I saw Kuroko looking at me. His usually blank face now held traces of pain, as if he was heartbroken. "You swear?" He asked, voice Shakey yet monotone as if he was trying to control it.

Sighing, I looked him in the eyes. I was now the same height as him, if not then a few centimeters taller now. I remember rubbing it in his face when I first discovered this. Nodding my head, I promised the light blue haired boy I'll talk with after practice.

With that final practice, I removed his grip on my wrist before walking to the middle of the court where coach began giving us instructions.

"Pair up! You and your partner will be doing dribbling drills." Right as he said this I saw the miracles glancing my way. Already knowing what they were planning, I walked over to some random member and grabbed their arm pulling them towards a corner.

"We are pairing up, no denying either," I spoke before he could question my actions. Glancing behind my shoulder, I saw the heartbroken and annoyed looks of my so-called friends.

Picking up a ball, I let out a huff. They ignored me for two days, it's only fair I ignore them for the next forty minutes of practice. They can't even be mad, at least I wasn't making them wait until after school. With that final thought, I bounced the ball to my confused partner. 

***

Its winter break and I am bored, let me spoil you all with updates. 

~Lilah