Chapter 30

Trust is a fragile thing, once broken it can be repaired but the cracks will always remain.

Kigamaki Natsuru

After sitting down out cleaning supplies the three of us sat in a awkward triangle on the gym floor. The twins seemed to have calmed down enough to sit beside each other across from me.

It was quiet, although I was the one who said we should talk I had no idea what to say. They were my best friends and I didn't want them to hate me, but then again I also didn't want them to hate each other and fight.

Squeezing my fingers, I sucked in a deep breath before opening my mouth, "I-I think we should just be friends." I forced out, looking down at the floor rather than at their faces. "We can still hold hands and stuff but not as much as before."

Silence was all that followed my words for a moment. I expected Adain to be the one to break the silence like usual, but instead of him it was his twin who spoke up. "Why?" I felt my stomach drop when I heard his words, his tone as cold as ice.

Looking up, I flinched when I saw his usually warm eyes frozen over as he stared at me. "Why, Natsuru? Surely it isn't because of that small argument Adain and I had. Siblings fight all the time, we'll get over it. If that was your reasoning then you need to thinking of something else."

Swallowing, I continued to pick at my fingers. "Th-that's not true, Namiki-nii and I don't fight like that-"

"Of course not," Avary scoffed, "Your brother is a obsessive freak who would rather die than hurt your feelings. Not every sibling bond is like that."

I closed my mouth at his words knowing he was right. But even so, I mumbled out a weak, small defensive, "He's not a freak."

"Right and penguins can fly!" Avary rolled his eyes, his tone wrapped in the usual sarcastic tone my step-mother would use. "But this isn't about him, tell us why we deserve that at least."

Frowning, I paused at picking my fingers before continuing on. He was right, they did deserve to know. "It's just.." I hesitated, the reason why I wanted us to go back to being just friends is because the twins would argue more lately than they did before, and most of the time I was the reason for the argument.

"What?"

"It's just, I think the three of us are too young for big things like dating, plus you two are moving away and-"

"Liar." I almost flinched when Adain spoke. His voice was shaky as if he was trying to hold back tears.

It was unexpected, as if the twins swapped personalities. Usually Adain would be the hot headed one while Avary would alternate between being calm and over sensitive.

For a moment, I thought I mixed the two up like the others would do. After all, they were identical twins with only small stubble differences between them. Yet it was because of those barely noticeable differences that I knew for a fact that I was not mixing the two up.

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a lone basketball sitting still a few feet away from where the three of us sat. Although I know it wasn't the best time to do so, I was tempted to walk over and grab the burnt orange ball in a poor attempt to comfort myself.