I Am Lacerta Chapter 7

COMMENT - FAN - VOTE!! please please and thank you thank you to every one who does it it only takes one extra second nd i like 2 no wat ur thinking xxx                   UBER THANKS TO MY 4 FANS!! - InternetJunkie ourstories bannana9hpagentenock (a challendge to write :P) and of course my first fan CoffeeBreakCalls!! thank you soo much all of u xxxx ENJOY!!

The next few weeks I got to know the real Fred a lot better. He was so sweet and funny and was never in a bad mood. I also got to meet his twin brother, George, and we instantly became good friends. I was super glad not all the Weasley's were like Ginny. Fred had a ridiculous amount of siblings - Bill, Charlie, Percy, Ron, George, Ginny - it was the biggest family I'd ever seen! 

Luna and I spent evermore time together as the year almost reached it's end - we knew we couldn't see eachother in the holidays. Two of the Tri-Wizard Challenges had been and only one remained. Finally, the day came - the last event of the Tri-Wizard Tournament. Everyone was practically wetting themselves with excitement, but frankly I couldn't see what the big deal was. I kind of wished Fleur would win - show all those boys who's boss! - but a Hogwarts win would be good too, so I was also rooting for Cedric Diggory - never Harry Potter, he was too self-obsessed. 

Any way everyone screamed as the champions entered the maze. The band kept playing music for about another half hour, by which time everyone had stopped their screaming and shouting a long time ago. It was extremely boring waiting for the champions to finish doing whatever in the maze, so Luna and I wasted no time in chatting for as long as possible. I looked around and saw Cho Chang practically on her knees praying that Cedric didn't die or whatever, and the Potter fan club sort of chanting. And they called me wierd!

After an absolute age, red sparks were seen above, so Professor Flitwick went into the maze and found Fleur Delacour. She was alive but was wounded. Not long after another set of red sparks was sighted and Victor Krum was fetched by Hagrid, the scary giant Grounds Keeper. He was only knocked out, luckily. Which meant that Hogwarts was definitely the champion. Some people were cheering. Cho Chang was even more worried - for some reason - and the Harry Potter fan club were still praying like wierdo's in the corner.

Eventually, after a half hour, the public realised that Harry and Cedric weren't coming, so they settled down a little. A general ripple of tenseness swept through the crowd. Who was going to win? Has something happened to them? These whisper-questions and other very similar ones were circulating through the crowd. I was completely bored, still, so I decided to mess with people minds by changing my hair colour when they looked away. The looks on their faces when they looked back were priceless. 

Suddenly out of nowhere, Potter literally appeared, carrying the trophy.... and a body. On closer inspection, I saw it to be Cedric. Oh God. His unseeing eyes stared glassily at the sky. Cho literally exploded in tears, as did Cedric's father. Mrs. Diggory crumpled on the floor, she looked as if she were being torn apart. I felt a surge of pity for her, as she lay sobbing on the ground. I vaguely noticed Potter being dragged away by Professor Moody in the corner of my eye, but I ignored it.

The faint-hearted were crying on other's shoulders, as they watched Hagrid carry his body away to the infirmary. I, however am not faint hearted, but was absolutely shocked. I just sat in silence. Luna was looking sadly at the sky, as if in a trance. Suddenly, I felt a pain that began in my head, and pulsed down through my body, throbbing and burning through my veins. I heard a voice whisper silkily in my head, "Get away, Lacerta. The pain will go away, if you get away.". I got up shakily and was about to walk off when Luna suddenly grabbed my arm, looked me in the eye and said, still in her trance: "Don't listen to the voices, Lacy.", before letting go of my arm and staring ahead again.

I had to ignore her, the pain in my body was so intense that I had completely lost control of it. And if anything could save me from this intense pain, I would take my chances. I just kept walking, barely aware of it apart from the noise of my footfall - I was numb. Suddenly, masked men surrounded me. Surprisingly, I wasn't scared - I felt sort of as if I belonged among them. "Good evening, Lestrange. The Dark Lord requests your company." I nodded stiffly, and followed them into a strange house.

Somewhere, a million miles away, I could hear my mother's voice screeching, "Don't dissapoint the Dark Lord, my child. Don't let me down.", just as I was sent into a large room. On a large chair in the middle of the room sat a pale man with red eyes and slits for a nose. He looked frail for merely a second, but after I had been in his presence longer I could feel power radiating from him.

I bowed low and said "My lord." When I looked up at the man, he seemed pleased and said, "Ah, it's good to see Dumbledore hasn't corrupted the Bellatrix out of you. It's good to know I can trust the Lestranges - they haven't let me down yet. And you do look like her don't you. Come here, child.". I advanced immediately on his call, and he said again, "You don't cower from me like Draco." "I would never cower from you, unless you asked it of me." I said. "I have heard things about you, Lacerta. Are you truly a metamorphmagus?" he asked.

"Yes, my lord. " I replied before quickly whirring through different personalities, changing my hair, height, face and size quickly like I was caught in a storm , before changing to a snake, the Dark Lord's favourite animal. When I changed back the Dark Lord looked appeased. "Well, well, isn't that a fine trick. Malfoy has been training you I suppose?" "Yes my lord, the more I practice - the more forms I can take."

"Very good. How much do you know of the Dark Arts, Lestrange?" he said, before clicking his fingers. A small, rat-like man came forward slowly. He had a strange, metal arm which he kept looking at happily. I waited for him to raise his wand before shouting, "Crucio!" - I would never attack an unarmed man, unless I had unarmed him. I am not a coward. The man writhed and moaned on the floor, and the Dark Lord looked appeased. "My godfather taught me, nearly all the spells I know." I said happily.

"Very nice. I will of course, watch over your future Dark Arts training. One final question, is it true you freed Sirius Black from Azkaban?" the Dark Lord asked. My face paled, I knew that Sirius Black was a good man, obviously, and I knew that the Dark Lord hated him. I ceased my curse on the small man in front of me before saying, "Yes, I did free him. It took a lot of hard planning, but I needed to prove a theory - animagi can pass almost undetected by the Dementors." I said slowly.

"That's all I needed to know. Now you can ask me a couple of questions, I'm sure you have many." the Dark Lord said, hurriedly. "Um, yes. I won't be going back to Hogwarts, will I?" "No, Lacerta. I have need of you outside of school now. I will trust you with Narcissa, your guardian, and you can live with her." "Until my mother's free..." "What?" shouted the Dark Lord. I covered my tracks quickly by saying, "No, no - I meant no offence my Lord!! I am just planning to break my mother free of Azkaban soon, so I am hoping to live with her after she's out of there.."

"Ah, that's a good plan. I hope you have the wit to back it up." said the Dark Lord menacingly. "Another question, why were my parents incarcerated? What crime did they commit?" I asked in a low voice, trying to change the subject. "Ah, a good question. Your parents, along with your uncle Rabastan and Barty Crouch Jr. tortured Frank and Alice Longbottom into insanity, for information. They didn't say anything at all, but at least now, Bellatrix will be free soon." he said.

I was shocked. I knew Neville Longbottom - he was almost as socially retarded as Luna and I - I'd always thought to introduce myself - too late now - he'd probably only hate me anyway - my head was spinning with these thoughts in a constant loop. 

"-and to prevent anyone from reading your mind and hearing this..." I heard the Dark Lord say. "Are you going to wipe my memory?" I asked terrified. "No, no, that would be counter-productive. I'd only have to explain it again. I am going to teach you Occlumency, I'll also ask your godfather if he'd teach you aswell." he replied, before saying. "Leave now child. Collect your things from Hogwarts and return to your aunt. She'll be expecting you." I nodded before bowing low and departing. I found my broom outside, the large room and took off on the long ride back to Hogwarts.