I Am Lacerta

Hiii!! Just wanted to let you know before I start writing that this is my first story so constructive critisism would be awesome - go easy on me :P. This is a fan fiction for the Harry Potter series, hope you enjoy.

Copyright: J.K. Rowling owns all the characters except for one .... you'll find out who - and she's not sharing them. Enjoy!!

I Am Lacerta - Prologue

I should have listened to her. My girl always knew what she was talking about. She said I would be killed if I fought in this battle. She begged, pleaded, screamed at me not to go. But I didn't listen. I, Fred Weasley, am no coward, and shall never be a coward... not now anyway. I died for the cause. I had almost forgotten her words of warning when Percy FINALLY came to his bloody senses and joined us, his family once again. But then I remembered her words, and I knew that there would only be one good time to say it. One chance. So as I summon my final breath, I remember her face, her hair, her voice, everything about her flashing before my very eyes, then finally the word. I muster every ounce of strength left in my body, which was becoming more numb by the second as I felt the life drain out of me, to say those three syllables that I knew would make all the difference: "Lacerta".