I Am Lacerta Chapter 3

I Am Lacerta -Chapter 3 COMMENT-FAN-VOTE please I only have one ledgendary fan :D xx

I thought that Fred had probably been dared to dance with me, I'm quite the outcast. So I didn't make any special efforts to go see him. I just did the same as always, hung out with Luna, watched people stay as far away from me as possible, Quidditch practice every now and then, eat meals alone, then repeat. Then a couple of days after the ball, the most unexpected thing happened. I was just sitting outside with Luna, watching some boys have a snowball fight, when I saw Fred in amongst the crowd. We seemed to look at eachother at the same moment, and whereas I looked away pretending to not recognise him, I could feel his gaze burning into the side of my head.

"Oh, Lacy. That Weasley boy is staring at you." said Luna distantly. Does she ever miss anything? I gave her a look, and she ignored it. So I decided to play along. "Really? Is he still looking at me? No, no, don't make it obvious you're looking at him!" I said with fake enthusium. "Yes, he is. Oh what is he doing- oh he's trying to catch your attention. I'll be back in a sec..." Luna said, trying to make it subtle but really it just made me scared. "NO! No, Lu don't leave!" I said quickly grabbing her arm. "Ok, but if you start making out I'll go stand over there." she replied and sat back down.

Just then Fred had reached me and sat down on my other side. "Hi." he said and grinned at me. "How are you?" "I'm good. I got my own back for the twat who punched me the other day..." I replied and grinned back. "So... aren't you going to introduce me to you friend?" he said trying to break the awkward silence. "Oh right, Fred this is Luna Lovegood. She's my best friend." I said the last part as a sort of threat that he better not make fun of her. "And Luna, this is Fred Weasley." "Nice to meet you." said Luna dreamily. "Your sister's in our year." "Um, anyway what brings you over here, Fred?" I asked. "Well actually I-er wanted to.. um, ask you something." said Fred uncharacteristically nervous.

Suddenly Luna, stood up and walked away. Fred gave me a questioning look. "Don't ask." I said. "What was it you wanted to ask me about?" I said trying to spark his memory. "Oh yeah. Um, I wanted to know if you would, er.... gotohogsmeadewithme?" he rushed the end so all the words ran together. I was shocked. "It's okay if you don't want to..." he began mortified, completely sure he had made a fool of himself. "Is this another Weasley prank?" I asked warily. "Of course not!!" he shouted, shocked that I would think that. "Then, sure, I'll go to Hogsmeade with you." I replied and grinned. Fred scared the crap out of me by lifting me up and spinning me like a two-year-old. I was laughing but shouting at him to let me down. He did eventually and ran back to his friends, grinning. I was really excited and couldn't wait for Hogsmeade.