Chapter 21

CALVIN

He was never a good man. Marami siyang kasalanan. Isa ito sa mga napakaraming dahilan kung bakit hindi siya kayang tanggapin sa Itaas. He is tainted. The moment he was born, he was already tainted.

Angels only see the light. Hindi nila nakikita ang dilim sa mundo. Ito ang dahilan kung bakit niya nalamang kakaiba siya. While he could see the light, he could also see the darkness. According to Marcus, only demons see the darkness.

Sometimes he envies the humans. They were born innocent. Pure. They were born with a chance. It was this world that tainted them. Earth was a dark place. He knew that. Bata pa lamang siya ay nakikita na niya ang tila putik na kadiliman na bumabalot sa mundo. He watched as slowly, the bright lights of those children slowly begin to fade as they grow up. He watched as his brother's bright light slowly begin to dim. He hates it. He hates the darkness. He hates it but he is a part of it.

Tinitigan niya ang babaeng nasa bisig niya. Ara Hope. She was another example. Her light used to be bright. Not completely untainted like the other Fallen used to be but atleast it was one of the brightest lights he saw in a human. However these past few months, that light keeps shrinking. Hanggang sa dumating sila sa puntong ito. The light in her is almost dying.

He understood now why people say good people die early. If it was up to him, he would also want to take those good people away from this earth before they get tainted. It was saddening to watch those lights fade. If he could save them, he would. But how could he save them if he couldn't even save his self?

When he ended the kiss, he stared at Ara.

"Do you trust me?"tanong niya rito. Do you dare trust this tainted man?

"I trust you."Ara answered while staring at his eyes. Niyakap niya ang dalaga. He held her slender neck as he hugged her.

Pwede niyang tapusin ang lahat ngayon. It would only take a moment. There would be no pain. Pwede niyang tapusin ang lahat ngayon din bago pa tuluyang makuha ang dalaga ng dilim.

But as he stared at her tainted eyes, he stopped himself. Makasarili siya. Even though he knew that ending her would be the most merciful thing to do, he cant do it. Hindi dahil sa hindi niya kayang patayin ang dalaga. It was not because he loves her. It was simply because she was his ticket home.

He already made his choice. He abandoned his brother. He could not stop at the last step. He already chose his path. He will obey his king.

YOHAN

The dark cannot exist without light. In the same way, the light cannot exist without darkness. Kung nasaan ang liwanag, naroon rin ang dilim. One cannot exist without the other.  

Yohan stared at the thick mass of darkness enveloping the red palace. Yes palace. The red room has long been changed. 

Bahagyang napatawa si Yohan. 

"He didn't lie. His castle of roses and corpses has long been built"mahinang tugon ni Yohan sa kanyang sarili.

"There goes my good brother. His light used to be so bright even though he's a demon."mahinang sambit ni Yohan.

"Hindi ka ba nag-aalala?"prenteng tanong ni Rage sa binata.

"Why should I? Its his nature to be in darkness."Yohan said calmly. Walang emosyon ang makikita sa kanyang mukha. No anger or happiness. Just numbness and indifference.

"Mahina siya para makontrol ng sarili niyang kanang kamay."tugon pa muli ni Yohan. Rage chuckled.

"Greed sure is amazing. To control the dark prince in this short time"ani ni Rage. Yohan glanced at him indifferently.