"Blood, sweat"

~~~~~

Clementine let out a huff of frustration, resting her hands on her hips instead of her crutches, as her eyes scanned the courtyard in search of her boyfriend. As of lately, he always seemed to disappear around the same time every day, not giving anyone any indication of where he was going.

Clem never thought she would turn out the clingy one in their relationship, but she soon proved herself wrong. Every moment that she didn't spend with Louis, she missed him, no matter how short a time that was, she just found herself always wanting to be around him. He managed to bring a certain happiness to her that only he could.

And ever since they defeated Lilly and her people, she now had more spare time than ever before, most of it being spent resting or with the people she now called family. Even though it'd been months since she lost her leg, she still found that her energy would drain way more quickly. But that never fazed Louis, he was always willing to spend his time lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling and talking about the most bizarre subjects, if anything it only made them closer.

So she found it strange that he would set off anywhere without letting her know, not that she didn't trust him, she understood that he often needed time alone with his thoughts. Placing her hands back inside her crutches, she makes her way over to the group of teens who sat on the benches, chatting and laughing with one another.

They see her coming, smile and make room for her, to which she quickly dismisses with the wave of a hand. They frown upon noticing the concern on her face.

"Have any of you seen Louis?" She pants out, finally arriving within their hearing distance.

"Not recently, have you tried the music room?" Aasim answers.

Clementine fought the urge to roll her eyes. "That's the first place I checked"

"How about his dorm?"

This time she didn't supress her eye roll. "Yes, I've been there".

"My office?" Marlon inputs.

"Not there either"

"How about behind the bell tower, I know he goes there to read sometimes"

Clementine sighs and smiles appreciatively at Violet who finally gives her some useful information. She hadn't been there yet, mainly because she didn't know he even went there.

"I'll try there, thanks guys" She smiles gratefully before taking off.

The deeper she wondered into the back of the school, the more she understood why he would want to come out here, it was calm and quiet, and although Louis was one of the loudest kids in Ericsons, he needed his calm sometimes. The sun gently streamed just enough over the walls to allow a gentle orange glow to settle on this grass. Finally winter was over, and they couldn't more happy, no more cold nights huddling under a few thin blankets for them.

She stops to rest her supporting leg for a second, eyebrows raising after hearing a soft grunt coming from the corner she was just about to round. She lips part slightly, she could tell it was definitely Louis due to the slight raspiness in this voice. She sighs in relief knowing he was okay, preparing to go over and greet him.

She rounds the corner quietly, not wanting to disturb his peace, but stops in her tracks at the sight of him.

He was there as expected, but what she didn't expected was to see him spread out along the grass, arms under his shoulders and legs straight out behind him, in a press up position, his dreads hanging loosely from his face. She watches him lower himself and push himself back repeatedly, a little grunt and pant here or there. His jacket and shirt were tossed carelessly behind him, allowing her to see his arm and back muscles tense and relax, the golden glow of the sun hitting his bare skin, creating a gorgeous glow to radiate from him.