"A drunk mans word"

~~~~~

It had been near around 3 months since Clementine and AJ were found by Marlon and brought into Erickson's, and to say they have settled in would be an understatement. The duo had made friends with pretty much all the children in the school, AJ becoming especially close with Tenn, most likely because they are the closest to each other age wise.

Around the same time every night, when the younger kids were mostly all in bed, the older kids would gather around the fire for a night of games, laughter and just all around fun. It was a time for everyone to relax and bond together without having the worry of the younger kids overhearing their conversations.

It was one of those nights, dinner had just been served and finished, when Clem, Louis, Violet, Marlon, Aasim ruby and Mitch had gathered around.

"You'll never guess what we found on our run today" Aasim said, gesturing to Marlon, eyes filled with excitement. Marlon nodded, looking just as enthusiastic.

"Oh please do tell" Louis said, sounding bored, underestimating his friends findings, however when Aasim pulled a bottle of rum from behind his back, Louis' eyes widen.

"Where'd you get that?" Clem said, recognizing the bottle from that day with Kenny and the cabin group.

"An abandoned building just outside the safe zone, along with some others". Marlon explained, holding up another bottle of some sort of alcohol.

"Walking talking Jesus, tonight's gonna be a good one" Mitch said, rubbing his hands together.

"Well what are we waiting for? Open one up!" Louis said.

"Should we be doing this?" Ruby said, clearly unsure.

"You don't have to have any if you don't want, but come on, when do we get the opportunity to have alcohol?!" Aasim comforts.

"I know, it's just, we can't all be hungover tomorrow, someone has to take watch in the morning".

"And someone will, but for now, I say we all just have some fun and be kids for once".

Ruby sighs in defeat. "Fine".

"That's the spirit!" Louis says, taking the bottle out of Aasim's hand and proceeding to open it.

Everyone takes a seat, forming a small circle around the fire, only large enough for everyone to fit in.

"So how are we doing this?" Marlon asks, holding both bottles of alcohol in his hands.

"We can just pass them both around the circle until they're done" Clementine suggests, shrugging. Everyone nods.

"Okay then, allow me"

And with that, Marlon unscrews the lid off the rum, chucking his head back and allowing the liquid to ooze down his throat. He cringes at the taste, passing the bottle to his left. This process repeats until the entire bottle is completely empty. The other bottle is opened next, and its also passed around the circle until finished.

"Jesus, that tastes like shit". Louis says, cringing, placing the now empty bottle by the other.

"Agreed"

-

"A tomato is a vegetable you absolute dipshit!" Marlon slurs, sounding almost offended.

"Noo it's not, what are you thick?" Louis slurs, laughing a little. The others listen in amusement to the more than stupid debate.

"Explain thenn" Marlon says, throwing a hand out for emphasis.

"Tomatoes have seedss in them so that makes them a fruit".