"Distance" Part 2

Take us back spoilers in AN

~~~~~

Things were now just awkward and uncomfortable, not only for the recently broken up couple, but for everyone else. In fact, the two hadn't been seen in the same room together ever since, as if the presence of one another was simply too overwhelming for either of them to handle.

Louis seemed way more effected than Clementine, that was for sure. Of course Clem was upset. But it almost was like he didn't exist anymore, his presence may be physically in the school, but his personality, humour and everything that makes him Louis, just wasn't there.

He hadn't touched his piano since, understandably so, the carved heart surrounded by their initials brought back the pain he was trying to get rid of.

Violet and Marlon would separately come round to his room each day, offering him any comfort and support that they could, and he was willing to take most of it. Where as Clem would lock her door and only come out if absolutely necessary.

But Clementine was the first to leave her room out of them, joining them for dinner one evening to everyone's surprise.

"Any room here" She said, walking up to them nervously with her bowl and spoon in her hand, the table, consisting of Violet, Marlon, Ruby and Aasim all started at her blankly, she gave them a confused look when no one answered straight away.

"Uh yeah, of course" Violet responds first, budging up on the bench just enough to allow her to take a seat next to her.

She was evidently nervous, she hadn't talked to anyone in days, and the way they were all looking at her with a mixture of sympathy and awkwardness, it definitely didn't help.

"So, Clem" Marlon begins with a cough. "You been doing okay?"

She pauses taking a spoonful of stew to look up slowly at him. "Yeah. I'm good...I guess?"

She hears Violet scoff and Clem whips her head around to glare at her. "What?" She questions daringly.

"We all know that's not true, there's no point in lying" She states bluntly, not at all intimidated by the daggers Clem was sending her way.

"Well what do you want me to say? No, I'm really not doing okay, I miss him so much and everything about him, I never ever should've ended things with him because I still love him! Is that what you want me to say? Because there you go!" She's out of breath and steaming with irritation once she finishes her confessions, tears beginning to form as she pours her heart out.

The kids play with their food awkwardly, unable to look anywhere but at their food. Not having any words to say as Clem quietly tries to wipe any evidence of tears.

Then suddenly Violet stands up out of her seat, making everyone jump, she doesn't say anything as she speed walks away from their table, heading directly for the main doors to the school,

"Where are you going?!" Marlon shouts after her. "Violet?!" She doesn't reply, the doors slamming behind her as she enters.

Their table falls silent again, the younger kids were already inside, drawing and playing games.

"He still loves you too by the way" Marlon breaks the silence.

"You don't know that-"

"Yes I do, he's my best friend, I can read him like a book" He said, so confident and sure that she actually believed him.

"Well he shouldn't, I don't deserve him" She says, breaking the eye contact she held with him.

"Clem, Louis adores you, he's convinced himself that he doesn't deserve you-"