15) I Need Your Help

~

I hadn't noticed the large raindrops that began to fall until the two of us were sitting in the front seat of my car. The pounding against the windshield grew louder but I just could not seem to turn the ignition. My thoughts clogged up my brain and seemed to stop my body from being able to function properly. I just didn't understand why this person-- or persons-- was doing this to us. They dragged my best mate and my fiancé into this and that is not okay. I am going to find this person, no matter how long it may take me. I will.

"You alright?" He croaked.

I continued staring straight ahead through my clouded vision and just managed to choke out a response, "I should be asking you the same thing."

He chuckled next to me and I felt the mood lighten in the small space. The hole in my stomach seemed to lessen and I finally succeeded to start the chilly car. Heat poured through the vents, ruffling my hair a little but it helped the shiver that had taken over my entire body. I sighed and put the car in gear and began driving down the street. I didn't really know where I was going because I didn't want to go home and see Candace yet, but I knew I had to get Harry out of that house. After 10 minutes of silence between us, I finally pulled up outside of a fast food joint assuming he was just as hungry as I am. As we entered the small restaurant, the smell of grease and fries filled my senses and made my mouth water a little. 

We ate our food rather quickly, hardly speaking a word. I think it mostly had to do with the fact that we were both enjoying our food so much yet there was that tiny hint that wasn't the entire reason. 

I broke the silence, "Who do you think it is?" My voice barely audible.

He looked up from his half consumed burger and eyed me carefully as though unmasking my face before responding, "I might have an idea."

-

We pulled up outside the run down flat and I cringed. Wires were visible, hanging from the roof, the lawn had been neglected with weeds and uneven grass, the roof had shingles missing and the paint on the exterior walls had begun to chip. The owner of this house clearly had better things to do than to worry about the presentation of his home. We were in a neighbourhood that you could swear you hear gunshots go off in the distance and the type of people who walked around looked like they would walk past you, stab you in the ribs and keep walking without missing a step. It was rather intimidating. I turned off the car and as if on cue, my phone rang. I checked the screen and Candace's name was on the screen. I lokoed over at Harry who nodded his head. I hesitated before answering.

"Hi Candace."

"Where are you? It's been hours." She didn't sound pleased.

I checked my watch and sure enough, it was already 4 in the afternoon. That drive out here had been longer than I thought. I get why she's so upset now... "I'm just with a friend. I'm not sure when I'll be home." I tried my best to use a light tone. I didn't need to have another screaming match with her right now, I had enough going on already.

I heard her sigh over the line. I could just picture what she looked like right now: hand on her hip, looking off at nothing in particular with a frown on her face that gave her small wrinkles inbetween her eyebrows. "Alright." Then she hung up without saying goodbye. Wow, she was pissed. I have had the day to calm myself down and I have actually spoken to Harry so I'm not so angry anymore. I had hardly spoken to her all day.

I was avoiding talking about what Candace and I were fighting about in the first place because I was scared to know the answer. Neither of us were talking so I saw that as my opportunity to ask.

"Why'd you do it?"

His head snapped towards me with wide eyes. "You found out?"

I frowned and used a bit of a rude tone, "well yeah, it's all over the news, Harry." 

He rubbed his face in his hands and when he looked back up at me, his eyes were red and tears were at the brim of trailing down his cheeks.

"It's not me, Niall."

I tilted my head, "What do you mean? Of course it's you. I saw the mugshot." Why was he lying to me?

He rose his voice a little. "He looks almost identical to me. But I'm telling you, Niall, it is not me."

"What are you saying then? You have a twin?"

He made eye contact with me, "Not exactly."

~

Sorry.

Sorry for not updating in so long, for the short chapter. BUT ITS GETTIN SO GOOD. GET FUGGIN READY. BUCKLE YOUR GOD DAMN SEATBELTS.

Updating realll soon beautiful people <3

xoxoxoxooxox