11) Back To Reality

Candace's POV~

A small knock at my door woke me up from my deep slumber. I didn't know wether or not I had actually heard it so I waited. After another minute had passed, came another knock. I sat up in bed and to my surprise Niall wasn't there. I wonder where he was. I tip-toed over to the door and slowly opened it. Nobody caught my eye, at least immediately. I looked down and stood before me was a girl all dressed in white with pitch black hair with hollow eyes with a brown bunny in her arms, looking up at me.

Her voice sounded monotone as she spoke,"Hello mommy."

Behind her was Niall laying face down on the floor with blood surrounding him.

I screamed out in terror making the little girl chuckle. The room began to get smaller and smaller, the little girls laughter continuously getting louder.

I screamed again and fell to the floor.

~

I sat up straight in bed, sweat running down my forehead, my heart racing and tears running down my face. Niall groaned next to me and that's when I realized it was had just been a nightmare. After I had caught my breath I went into the bathroom and splashed my face with some cold water. I looked in the mirror and my eyes were red from crying but besides that I looked relatively normal.

I crossed over into our room and checked the time.

4:03am.

I groaned and laid back down in bed and draped the white sheet overtop of me.

The feeling to sleep never came, even the sounds of Niall's light snoring didn't lull me to sleep.

~

I must have fallen back to sleep because the next time I opened my eyes it was 10am and the smell of bacon filled my nostrils. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes and put my slippers on. I could hear the slight sound of Niall humming to a song I did not know the name of. I trudged into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Good morning baby." His voice was still raspy signaling that he had just woken up as well.

"Mmm" I sat down at the kitchen table and fumbled with my fingers. When Niall turned around he smiled which slowly faded.

"You ok babe?"

I forgot he had asked me something. "Oh uh yeah. I'm fine." I tried to fake a smile, hoping he would fall for it. He raised an eyebrow at me. Now was not the time to talk about what is bothering me. It's too soon. "So how'd you sleep?" I asked, changing the subject as casually as possible.

"Uh pretty well I guess." He must have noticed me trying to change the subject.

"That's good."

...

I didn't want to go to bed that night. Was the same dream going reoccur? I sure hope not.

...

I woke up drenched in sweat, breathing quickly and unevenly. I walked to bathroom across the hall and washed my face with cold water, waking me instantly. I groaned and sat down against the cabinet and put my head in my hands and breathed slowly. How often is this going to go on for? It's really starting to scare me. I stood up and went back to bed.

...

Beep beep beep.

I groaned and shut off the irritating alarm clock. Niall rolled over putting his arm over me. "Morning babe." I smiled and looked down at him.

His eyes were still closed but he was smiling. "Mmm"

I ran my fingers through his hair and be pulled my closer. "Were you ok last night babe?" So he heard me get up...

"Oh yeah fine. Just needed a glass of water." I lied.

He frowned. "Hm. You've never done that before."

"Well I had to this time." I snapped.

"Woah ok." He got out of bed in one swift movement and walked downstairs.

"No Niall wait!" He didn't turn around. "Oh my god." I muttered and put my face in my hands.

I haven't been getting a lot of good sleep because of these stupid nightmares. I didn't mean to take it out on Niall. I just wish they would go away.