13) It's Time.

"He's calling me." He looked up from his phone towards me sitting on the opposite couch. I didn't respond so he picked up the phone. "Harry." Pause. "Yeah well you know what mate. That was completely uncool what you did. I didn't want you anywhere near her. Drunk or not." His words were touching despite the situation at hand. He started to raise his voice. "No Harry! Don't even think about it! Harry! Harry?!" He slammed the phone down and put his head in his hands and sighed.

"Wh-what's wrong?" I asked nervously. What could they have talked about that woud make Niall react like that.

"Nothing. He's just being a dick." He shook his head.

"No Niall. What is it? You can tell me." I reached across the armrest and placed my hand ontop of his. He looked up at me, his eyes brimming with tears. It was a rare sight to see, Niall hardly ever cries infront of me or just in general. "Niall? What is it?" 

"It's just, he said he would be back. After I told him not to even think about coming back. You heard our conversation." His words made my stomach churn. If Harry really does come back and he's angry or worse, drunk who knows what he will be capable of doing to me. Or the baby. The thought makes me want to throw up. No I actually do have to throw up. I ran up the stairs into the bathroom and sat at the toilet. I heard Niall's rushed footsteps behind me. I felt him pull my hair to the side. "I'm so sorry Candace. I never intended for this to happen." He sighed. 

"It's fine really. I should not have come downstairs."

~Niall's POV~

"It's fine really. I should not have come downstairs." She said in a raspy voice. 

I played with her hair tugging lightly at the knots at the ends of her hair. "No, I shouldn't have given him those drinks. I know how he gets when he drinks. And I didn't think about you being in the house at the time. I'm so sorry." I apologized. She stood up and looked up at me, god she's short, it's so cute.

She cupped my face in her hands. "I love you. And we all make mistakes every once and awhile. I promise that everything will be ok in the end. I'll have this baby and everything will fine. I promise." The sincerity in her voice scared me. In the way that I know things won't be ok. Harry prowling around threatening to take my fiance's life has me on edge and I just don't know when things will really be back to normal.

~

I tucked Candace into bed and layed down next to her. She rested her head against my chest and exhaled quietly. I kissed the top of her head slowly and played with her hair until I heard her breathing even. I laid her head down onto the pillow and slowly stood to my feet and looked around. I went and sat by the window and peered out. The only things I could see in the darkness of the night was the streetlights casting an eery glow on the neighbourhood, much different from what it looks like during the day. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Someone was watching me. I scanned the area, and again, and again. But nothing, I couldn't see anyone, anywhere. Until movement behind a tree caught my eyes and what do I see, a flop of curls bouncing as he bolted down the street. I ran down the stairs and out the front door, running in the direction I saw him go. I stopped at the end of the four way street and took in my surrounding but I couldn't see him anywhere. I turned around and then back around again. When I didn't have success I turned back around and walked back to the house, my hands in my pockets.

Once I was back in the house the sound of murmuring and sheets moving caught my attention. The first thing that came to mind was, Harry. I bolted up the stairs taking two at a time and burst into the bedroom. There lay Candace, asleep but tossing and turning and murmuring words that I couldn't make out. But what I could tell was that she was having a nightmare. I ran over and gently tugged her shoulders but she didn't wake up, she just continued to toss and turn in my arms.

"Candace!" I shouted. 

Her eyes shot open as she started panting. Her forehead was dotted with sweat. She wrapped her arms around me. She was muttering something into my shoulder, I could just barely make out what she was saying. "Thank you thank you thank you." 

I rocked her back and forth as I rubbed my hand up and down her back. She started shaking telling me she was crying. I continued to comfort her and tried my best to hold back the tears that were now threatening to spill over at any second. I hated seeing her like this. Knowing that something was hurting her. I laid her down and sat next to her as she hugged her knees to her chest, before I could speak she had already started talking. "It's always the same dream. Sometimes longer but still always the same." She began to cry more.

"What are you talking about? You've had this nightmare before?" She stopped crying and looked over at me, slowly nodding her head. I closed my eyes breifly. Trying to process the fact that this has happened before. Wait. Hold on a second. "You've had this nightmare before and you never told me?" I was trying my best to control my temper.

"I didn't want you to worry." She spoke quietly. All of my anger disappeared and was replaced with love.

"Candace, I love you. Which means of course I am going to worry about you. But only in the best of intentions." She looked down. I lifted her chin with the tip of my finger. " And I want you to understand that. I love you more than I love anything in the entire universe." Her eyes brightened then slowly brought her lips to mine. I pulled away and thought now was the best time to ask her. "What was the nightmare about, love?"

~~~~~~~~~

COMMENT FOR A DEDICATION

I hope you liked this chapter, I am so sorry for not updating sooner ! School has been so stressful lately with exams coming up!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 900 READS  ohmygosh I never thought this book would ever get nearly this many reads and I am so thankful for every single one of you. I hope everyone is having a fantastic week and if not, don't worry! It'll get better and hey! Summer's just around the corner! It's like, what? A month away ?!

Talk to you guys soon <3 I love you all so much you have no idea !

@OneDirection5455