6) Darkness

~Candace's POV~

When I could finally open my eyes, it didn't matter. Everything around me was uncertain due to the darkness that surrounded me.

"Hello?!" I called out but all that sounded was the echoing of my voice. I attempted to stand but chains prevented me from doing so.

Where the hell am I?

"Ah. You're awake." A voice spoke.

I didn't answer. What was I supposed to say? I didn't WANT to say anything.

He gripped me with both of his hands and pulled me up, the chains clanking as I stood.

He undid the chains. This is my chance. I bolted. I didn't know where but I bolted and I kept going. And going. And going.

Niall's POV~~

I jumped into my truck and drove in the direction that Candace took off in.

Alright Niall. Think like a girl. Think like a girl. Hmmm... The park?

I drove there and there were no vehicles so that was a no.

I tried a couple more places but nothing. I was about to give up when I thought about it. The market. Candace loves the market more than she loves clothes.

Oh my god! Her car is here!

I parked next to her but no one was in it. I walked up to her car when I stood on something.

The keys.

Oh my god. What if something happened to her?

K, think. She dropped the keys facing the road. So someone pulled her along and she dropped them as she was being pulled.

I followed the path that I believe she was dragged in. I stopped abruptly. There were tire marks. I followed the trail until they stopped. It was sort of crazy how far they went. They stopped in front of a tunnel. The tunnel was about 20 paces away from the market.

I was about to walk in, but the sound of running footsteps prevented me from doing so.

"Candace?!" I called out.

A familiar face came into view, followed by a few other feminine faces that all shared the same expression and look; they were frightened and they were all pregnant. Some more visible then others.

I ran up to Candace and took her in an embrace as the other ladies ran past us. I could have stood there for ages but heavier footsteps wouldnt allow me to do so, well, with comfort.

I took her hand and ran towards the market. I threw her, her keys and she jumped in, locked the doors and drove away before she could notice that I had stayed behind.

Three men stopped abruptly in front of me; a toothy grin on their faces.

"Well well well," One said as the another finished his sentence, "what do we have here?" Key word; what.

They all had black muscle tops on and army green jeans on with brown worker boots. They were also all bald.

I noticed a bulge in the first guy's pocket, indicating he had a firearm on him.

What I did next, they weren't expecting. I darted towards the one with the gun because without the guy with the gun, I actually had a chance at winning this fight.

The impact was tremendously hard as we fell to the cement. I heard a crack come from somewhere followed by a loud scream. He must have hurt his back, showing his age. LOL.

The other guys didn't really know what to do as I straddled guy #1 beating the snot out of him. He was knocked out with a swollen cheek and a bloody nose by the time I was done with him. I stood up and wiped my forehead with the back of my hand.

I observed the two others as they stood there, astonished.

"Who's next?" Before I could decide, guy #3 had bolted back towards the tunnel, the second guy was a bit slow on what to do until he realized, he should run too.

I phoned the police right away and explained everything before these guys could put the blame on me. Before I knew it, I heard sirens and flashing lights coming down the street towards us.

The only thing that stuck in my mind was why they drove if the tunnel was 20 paces away? Well, they did act and look like half-wits....

~~~~~~~~

A/N

If anyone is confused, the guys that attempted to kidnap candace and the other girls were the ones that broke into their house. The whole note thing was just a setup. Because they knew that Candace would eventually leave. And they took the others using the same strategy, but they all got away! YAY !! :)

Thanks for reading ! WOW ! Almost 300 reads ! WOOO !

10 reads and 2 votes for next update ? :) Being super strict about this one though !