Chapter 22

A/N

This book is not updated, chapters have been changed and edited on Patreon where the book is completed. Part two has been completed and book three is now up. Thank you.

Luke's P.O.V (short)

"Doesn't feel good does it?" I watched as Mia declined his call for the fourth time today.

Landon threw the remote control at me. "Shut the fuck up."

I laughed, taking a sip of my beer.

"I don't get it, what did I do? We were just fine yesterday. Now she's avoiding me." Landon picked up his cigarette, taking a drag. "Definitely has something to do with you and your cannibal girlfriend."

I put my hands up. "So now this is my fault?"

He shrugged. "Well, it isn't mine. I didn't do shit."

"Fuck you." I finished off my bottle before getting up to get another one.

Mia's P.O.V

School was going to be interesting. That much, we all knew.

Tara had successfully avoided Luke the entire weekend, which meant I also avoided Landon... who at this very moment of me walking into my first hour, looked like he was about to rip me in half.

I didn't blame him. I haven't answered any of his texts or the rare phone calls he never made. I knew then that I'd fucked up.

Instead of taking my usual seat in the back by him, I plopped my ass down in the front.

Tara put me in a tough spot

Landon and I haven't even had any serious talks about what we were and what was next for us. I mean I already knew what I wanted and where my feelings stood for him, but he remained a mystery to me. I couldn't read him for the life of me.

So who was to say that once I told him the truth, he'd be willing to stay with me?

There was absolutely no guarantee that he would, and I was beyond terrified by the thought of losing him. So yes, I was being a coward and hiding from him.

So I kept my head forward, despite the feeling of his eyes burning holes into the back of my skull.

It felt like the longest hour of my life before the bell rang. I was out of that chair and practically running towards my next class.

"Mia!" Landon growled behind me just as I made my way through the crowd of people rushing to their next classes.

I made it safely to my next class, despite Landon hot on my heels. I was in the clear now, but there was still lunch and English.

My relief was short-lived upon seeing Luke waltz into the room like a man on a mission. And to my surprise, Tara was nowhere to be found. Which meant I'd be dealing with this one on my own.

Please don't sit next to me
Please don't...

Luke sat right next to me. "Hi, Mia,"

I forced a tight smile. "Good morning Luke."

Time ticked on as people filled the classroom. It was painfully clear that Tara wasn't going to be one of them.

I side-eyed Luke, seeing his need bouncing impatiently. I snapped my eyes forward once he looked my way.

Please don't ask me any questions about Tara
Please don't...