Chapter 16

Felix's P.O.V

Ian was still with Clare

It's been two weeks now and he's still avoiding me.

He was being more stubborn than I initially anticipated, and it was pissing me off.

I was growing tired of cuddling my pillow or a previous heartbroken Mia, now back to my pillow again since she started hanging out with Landon again. And I was also over fucking my fist to the thought of him.

So when school was over, I made my way to the track, despite avoiding it for the past two weeks and choosing to workout elsewhere. I just wanted to see him and show him that I "didn't care", he needed to think I wasn't waiting around for him. Maybe that'd make something click inside him.

Walking onto the field, I noticed the usual people walking and running around as the football team took over the midsection.

I plugged in my AirPods, tossing my things on the bleachers and got to work. I successfully avoided looking his way as I made my endless rounds around the track.

I stopped for a drink of water, pulling my sweaty white shirt off my body before using it to wipe my face.

"Hey!"

I pulled the shirt away from my face to see the girl from last time. "Hi..." I briefly glanced over to see Ian watching, spinning the football in his hand.

"Jasmine! You're Felix, we met some time ago probably in this same spot." She twirled a piece of hair around her finger as she eyed me up and down, unapologetically so. "Speaking of which... I noticed that your girlfriend has been hanging out with Landon... I think she's cheating on you."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes, but the sight of Ian trying to inch closer to see if he could listen in stopped me from dismissing her altogether. "Yeah, uh no. We just realized that we were better off as friends. There's no hard feelings at all."

Her eyes glazed over. "So your single!" Her hands fell on my chest, sliding down, touching my abs. "I mean, that's cool that you two decided to stay friends. I didn't want to say it, but you two didn't seem compatible at all."

Ian was now within listening range as he pretended to to grab water from the pitcher they had set up.

"Oh yeah? And what makes you think that?" I asked, folding my arms.

She shrugged. "I mean, from my point of view, you look like you're an alpha male who gives orders and she looks like the type to give them. I think you need someone... submissive."

No what I need is my equal

But with Ian in earshot range, I played along. "Are you saying that you're submissive?"

She smiled, putting her hand on my arm. "I'm whatever you want me to be."

The sound of coughing had her jerking back and towards the source. "Hey man you alright?" Another player came over asking before getting himself water.

"Yeah... wrong pipe." He lied.

"So what do you say?" She spoke, blocking my view of Ian.

"What?" My eyes flicker back up to Ian. "Oh right, give me your number, we can go from there."

A look mixed with anger, sadness and guilt crossed him as he crushed the disposable cup and threw it in the trash before jogging back to his team.

I smirked as I grabbed my things after getting her number that I would never use before heading in for a quick shower.

In the middle of my shower, I smelled him entering the locker room. Sadly he wasn't alone.

"I'm so happy you called practice early, I'm still hungover from last night." One of the guys groaned.