Chapter 14

*Not edited, Book one is completed on Patreon and Book two is nearly complete*

Luke's P.O.V

Felix guided Mia away, I started towards Landon's direction. "Hey, don't." Tara gripped my arm.

"I need to."

She nodded, letting my hand go. "Just call me later." She pecked my cheek and took off after them.

I walked over to his room, frowning at the security guard sleeping on the floor. The sounds of more glass breaking could be heard, pulling my attention away from the guard. I quickly pushed open the door. "Landon! What the fuck!" My eyes took in the destroyed room and the specks of blood that was dripping from both of his fists.

"Get the fuck out, Luke." He growled trembling.

I took a step forward. "Naw man... get your shit together and go home."

He flinched when I touched his shaky arm. "I fucked up man..." He choked. "I..."

I pulled him to me as soon as the first tear fell, letting his head drop on my shoulder. "Please, just tell me you didn't do what I think you did."

He gripped me tighter when I tried to pull back to look at him. "I-I think I did... I fuckin... she said stop... but I was so mad... and I..."

"Fuck man..." I sighed as I held him.

He finally pulled away from me, his face red and puffy as he quickly wiped his tears. He went to the bathroom, coming out with his wet shirt. He walked over to the wall where the blood was and started scrubbing.

I grabbed his arm. "Hey, you don't..."

He pushed my hand away. "I-I have to..."

I put my hand on top of his. "No... you have to talk to her. She might not want to hear it now, but you need to give her closure when she's ready."

He shook his head. "No I need to turn myself in."

I frowned. "Whoa, wait just a minute."

He continued scrubbing. "I'm no better than the people who..." He choked up again. "... my family..."

I snatched his shirt out of his hands. "No, fuck no. Don't you dare compare yourself to those fucking psychopaths. What you did was fucking fucked up and stupid, but you can never be on the level of what they did."

His red eyes looked up to mine.

Security decided that now would be the best time to show up. "You need to leave before we throw you out."

I put my hands up. "We're leaving."

"Expect the repairs to come out of tonight's fight." Another said.

I just waved them off, guiding Landon out. I used the back door to avoid anyone seeing Landon in this rare vulnerability and put him in my car.

ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ

The next morning I woke up with a massive headache. I groaned, pulling myself out of the bed. Rubbing my temple, I walked over to Landon's room. Pushing his door open, I looked around, only to find it empty.

I frowned, and turned to run downstairs. "Hey mom, where's Landon?" I asked as she was putting on her shoes to leave out for work.

"He left about an hour ago, told me you'd know where he was going." She said.

I blinked trying to rack my brain. "Is that all?"

She stood up, grabbing her keys. "Something about it's what he deserved."