Chapter 7

*Not edited, Book one is completed on Patreon and Book two is nearly complete*

Mia's P.O.V

Tara was just sitting on the bench as I continued my set, giggling to herself as she typed away on her phone. I glared at the top of her head as I placed the dumbbell down. "If you're going to workout with me, you'll need to actually move more than your fingers to text your mate."

Don't get me wrong, I was genuinely happy for her. But it hurt like hell to witness anyone with their mate, having them accept them and actually want them back. I just wanted mine to want me.

She finally looked up at me, guilt consuming her features as she put her phone down. "I think we should go out tonight."

I frowned. "Go out where? It's Tuesday. Don't you have class tomorrow?"

She shrugged. "So, I mean there's a party tonight."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not going to some human high school party." I made my way out of the gym, and back up to my room for a shower with Tara right on my heels.

"Oh come on! You've been hiding away in this house for almost three weeks! You need to go out and get some air." She huffed following me up the stairs.

I rounded the corner speeding up as soon as I saw my door. "I went for a run through the woods a couple days ago, trust me I had enough air running through my fur. I'm good." I attempted to close my door on her.

She quickly caught it, making her way in, plopping down on my bed. "Well I'm not taking no for an answer. You're going and we're going to drink and have fun."

"I heard drink and fun, where are we going?" Felix decided to pop his head through the door, making his way in, taking the spot next to Tara on the bed. I tossed some clean clothes out for me to wear when I got out.

I rolled my eyes walking into the bathroom as Tara filled him in on tonight's adventures that I would not be taking part in.

Once I finished my shower, I wrapped a towel around my body. I opened the door only to be met with a simple yet sexy black dress on my bed and Tara doing her makeup at my vanity. To the side she had a two piece outfit hung up.

I glance at the outfit on the bed. "I don't feel up to it..."

She looked at me. "I'll get Luke to make Landon come..."

"Haven't we had this conversation before? We don't need history repeating itself." I waved her off pushing the outfit aside to sit on the bed. "And besides, I thought it was just us having fun and getting drunk."

She smirked. "Trust me, it'll be fun."

I shook my head. "No. Not happening."

ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ ღ

"I don't know why I let you talk me into this!" I yelled over the music.

She rolled her eyes and looked back down at her phone. "You needed to get out of the house."

I looked around. "Well if you haven't noticed, this isn't exactly my kind of fun."

"Oh no, punching a bag full of sand and lifting weights is." Felix chimed in.

Tara laughed as I rolled my eyes at both of them. "Here, this'll help take off the edge. You need to relax and let go."

I frowned. "Is that?"

She just nodded as I snatched the drink and shot it all back, ignoring burning in my throat on the way down.

I stumbled out of the kitchen with Tara dead on my heels after we'd taken a couple shots and the effects of the poison were working it's magic.