Chapter 24: Too Many Questions Without Answers

Surprise below in the Authors Note!! Hehe!! 

Chapter 24: Too Many Questions Need Answers

Easter dinner was a success. Derrick, Stacy, and I made a small turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, and a salad. Derrick and Stacy invited Morgan over so she also came along. We all laughed and had a good time.

After dinner, Morgan and Stacy left to go home, leaving Derrick and me there alone.

"Come here, muffin." he grabbed hold of my waist and pushed my fragile body into him so there was no space between us.

She kissed my lips so softly, I could hardly tell his lips were brushed against mine. "Your such a tease." I said untangling myself from him. I walked over to the dining room table and started putting all the plates into the sink. Derrick helped me, making the job go by quicker.

I was on washing duty while Derrick was on drying duty. I washed the dished while he dried them. We were a good team...I think. We laughed and splashed each other with water, yet we still got the job done.

When we were done with the dishes, I popped a movie into the DVD player while Derrick started a fire. All the movies were classics that never got old. Titanic, Pearl Harbor, The Notebook, The Wizard of Oz. "So what do you want to watch? A sappy love story or a guide on how to get back home if you ever get lost in a tornado. Just click your heels and you'll be right back home!" I said throwing my arms up in the air.

"I think I'm gonna go with the cheesiest and sappiest movie you got." Derrick said while throwing a log into the fire pit.

"The Notebook it is." I said popping the disc into the DVD player.

I plopped down on the couch. I aimed the remote at the TV and pressed the 'Menu' button, skipping the previews. By now, Derrick was on the couch, sitting next to me with his arm around me. I pressed the 'play' button which started the movie.

We watched the movie in silence. It felt right laying here in Derrick's arms. But every minute I was in his arms, I thought about Jake. What he said to me hit me hard like a ton of bricks. "Jake loves me." I kept repeating in my head. That is something that maybe Derrick will never be able to give to me.

Halfway through the movie, I stood up and went into the kitchen. "Where are you going, muffin?

I went into the pantry and found what I was looking for. "Making popcorn."

I put the popcorn in the microwave and then jumped up onto the counter. I waited until the popcorn stopped popping and then took it out of the microwave. I put it in a large bowl and then went back into the living room and sat back down on the couch.

At the end of the movie, I got misty eyed, but I didn't cry. The credits came on, but I didn't want to get up. "Don't go." I whispered.

He kissed the top of my head. "Let's get you to bed."

Derrick picked me up bridal style and walked me into my bedroom. He gently laid me on the bed. He put a blanket at the foot of the bed over my body. He then went around to the other side of the bed. I felt the bed dip as he got in. Derrick wrapped an arm around me. "Night, muffin." I heard him say softly. I then drifted into a deep sleep, thinking one thing: I was wrong. Derrick loves me.

________________

I awoke with a pair of strong arms around me. I remembered the ten days in that intimidating basement. When I was in that basement with Jake, this was the position I awoke to every morning.

I pried my body out of Derrick's arms as gently as I could, hoping he wouldn't wake up. Once I got untwined, I went into the bathroom and took a long, hot shower. This stress was eating me alive. What do I do? Who do I choose? Do I love Jake? Do I love Derrick? Too many questions needed answers. I'll need to take a bath later.

Today was my first day back to the way it was before. We were going to the training center today with Stacy. Stacy actually had a choice if she wanted to join the organization or not. She said yes in a heartbeat. I don't know why because if I were her I wouldn't go into this.... But that's just me.

I brushed my hair and teeth and then dressed into a navy blue tank top and gray sweatpants. I put my damp hair into a high ponytail. I went back into the bedroom and saw a peaceful Derrick, sleeping. I hated to do it, but I gave him a little shake on his shoulder and woke him up. "Wake up, Der. It's seven thirty. Were leaving in a half hour. Come on, get up." I said in a soft voice.

His eyes slowly fluttered open. "Good morning, muffin."

He leaned leaned up and pecked my lips. My lips curved up into a smile. I walked over toward the door, starting toward the kitchen. "I'm making breakfast. Go home, take a shower and change your clothes. Breakfast will be ready soon." I said while skipping out of the room. Derrick followed behind me.

I made scrambled eggs and bacon within twenty minutes. I grabbed myself a plate and waited for Derrick and Stacy to arrive.

It was only a few minutes until Derrick and Stacy came through the door. "Morning Muffin." Stacy mocked.

"Shut up." I joked while taking another piece of bacon.

Stacy and Derrick grabbed and filled their plates. "This is delicious, Ali." Derrick said.

"Mhmm." Stacy agreed with a mouthful of food.

Once we cleared our plates and put them in the sink, we all headed down to the Training center. It was beginning to rain so we hurried into the training center in record time. Derrick and I explained how you must sign in and check out with your keycard. We went inside our training center. The last time I was in here, I was on a scavenger hunt.

We all started off in the computer room. It took her time to crack the password. Actually, it took her an hour. I was on something more advanced: cracking a code on a file with a time limit of ten minutes. It was quite easy, though.

We then went into the fitness room where we had her run a mile. She ran it in nine minutes and forty three seconds. Her heartrate was 110 heartbeats per minute.

After we recorded the data, we spent the rest of the training in the boxing ring. Derrick worked with Stacy since he was convinced that he was the best wrestler, when he knew that Mollie and I could beat him. I guess he will never get in his head that a girl can beat him in wrestling.

I worked at the punching bag. I punched it as hard as I could to get all the anger out on the punching bag. I punched the bag for Jake. For Derrick. For Morgan. It felt so good to get all my anger out.

My legs began to tremble. I thought it was because I was tired so I kept punching the punching bag. My whole body went numb and I fell to the ground. I was laying on the ground, limp. I tried to get back on my feet, but I couldn't. My hearing was gone and I didn't even notice Derrick was next to me, yelling for help. Then, the world blacked out.

<><><><><><><><><><><><> 

:0 oh no. Dun Dun Dun. What is happening with Ali? Hehe. Only I know. :)

Yah! I have over 400 reads. I'm SO HAPPY! Thank you all who have kept with my story. You don't know how how much you mean to me. Each and every one of my readers. And I couldn't ask for better fans. If you haven't fanned me yet, I'd really appreciate it if you did. I'd like to know all my readers are.

I have a surprise for you! preview to my next book!! I haven't quite started it yet or know the name of it, this is just a summary. I'd really like some feedback so... Comment, please. Thanks. Hope you enjoy!

Quinn Shepard was nineteen when she had her son, Riley. She knew that even though she lived off paycheck to paycheck, she would give this child the best life possible. When Riley was born, life threw her an unexpected curve ball. Quinn must stay strong for her son, even though as the days go on, the worst life becomes. Everyday Quinn tells herself "Every breathe I take is for him." When she has a bad day, she takes one look at him and she is blessed. Follow a mother-son story about life, love, and courage.