Chapter 12: Taken Away

"Umm...I...don't...know?" I replied. The only thing racing through my mind is 'why does he want to kiss me?' No one wants to kiss me. I am a torn up mess. And he knows everything.

He started to close the gap between him and I. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted to kiss him or not. Is our relationship going too fast?

I looked at him as he started to close his eyes. His lips were centimeters away from mine. I pulled back though. He shot his eyes open when he noticed I looked away. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you away. I just-"

"No Jake. You didn't scare me away. I just want to go really slow in this..." I was looking for the right word. "relationship."

He smiled. "So we are in a relationship now?" Jake teased.

I couldn't bring myself to look into his eyes. I felt my cheeks begun to burn up and noticed I was blushing. "I don't know. Are we?"

"Do you want to be?" he asked.

"Not yet." I said sheepishly.

"Okay, I'm sorry I did that. I-I don't know what I was thinking."

"Don't be sorry. Lets not have this change anything."

"Okay. But can I still call you sweetheart?" he asked.

I laughed. "Sure."

I stood in the bathroom, looking at my reflection in the mirror. Their was dark circles under my blue eyes, my dirty blonde hair was knotted, and my lips were chapped. I had just gotten out of the shower. Their was no soap, but at least I was able to have the warm water pressed against my bare skin.

The only clothes I had were my pajamas that I had worn the night Bradley had taken me and a bloody sweater. My eyes then drifted to the gash on the fingertips. I had slashed my fingertips with the glass while I was holding it. Blood got on the sweater. I hadn't even known I had a gash on my hand until I picked up the sweater and found blood.

I put my pajamas on and went out into the empty basement. Jake was laying in the corner where we slept at. He was fast asleep.

I crept over to the folding table and sat in a chair. Today for breakfast was two pancakes, two waffles, and two glasses of orange juice. This is delicious compared to yesterday's moldy assortments of food.

We have been keeping track of the days we've been here. We have been here ten days. We've both gotten use to the food and sleeping arrangements. Throughout the day, we play checkers, chess, and card games. Ou kidnappers were nice enough to give us something to do.

I ate a pancake and waffle in peace as Jake slept. I've noticed when he sleeps his eyes flutter like a child who goes into a deep sleep after a long day of play. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. In my opinion, it is the cutest thing about Jake.

The door shot open and Jake shot up. The old man who interrogated me in the first day I was here(Bradley's brother) came through the door, his face as red as a tomato. He had a gun pointed at me.

"Get up." he demanded at me. When he saw me not moving he yelled "GET UP!"

"Bill! We had a deal!" Jake yelled at the man.

"Deals off! Now if you take one more step, she's dead." Bill said furiously.

Jake went to a dead stop. He ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Please. Don't hurt her."

Bill slowly walked over to me, his gun pointing at Jake. My heart sank. I knew if I wasn't with Jake that I wouldn't die. Jake wouldn't be able to protect me.

Bill was right in front of me. He grabbed my hair and yanked it, pulling me off the chair. We began to walk out the door. The gun was still pointed at Jake as he closed the door.

He turned to me with a horrifying grin on his face. My heart almost stopped in fear when he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me into his chest. My back was to him so I couldn't see his face. One hand was wrapped around my waist while the other was cupped around my eyes so I couldn't see. We started walking. "What do you want from me?" I cried in worry.

"Information little girl. If you tell me what you know, I promise I won't hurt you."

I tried to wiggle from his grip but he wouldn't let go. It seemed like every time I tried to get away he pulled on me harder. We finally stopped and he threw me onto the ground.

I was in another room that was filled with barrels of wine. I panicked when Bill cracked his knuckles. "So Ali, tell me what the secret operation is?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked, confused.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. I want to know! Don't make me ask you again!" he hissed.

"Honestly, I don't know what you-" I was cut off when I got winded. Bill had punched me in the stomach as hard as he could.

I couldn't talk. I couldn't breathe. All I could think about was why?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hi guys! I know I said I'd update tomorrow but I just got done with this so yah! I know this chapter may seem sad but bare with me. This story is not suppose to be depressing love story. I'd really appreciate if all of my readers could comment, fan, and vote. I can't thank you enough for staying with me while I write my first story. I'll try to update more often. You guys are the best readers/fans any writer could ever have. Thanks. Have an awesome day/night.

~Kimberly