Chapter 10: My Escape Plan Gone Wrong

The man undid my handcuffs and duct tape and left, closing and locking the door behind him. I felt like I was going to cry. But nothing came out. I realized that I wasn't getting out of here anytime soon.

I felt a cramp in my stomach and groaned in pain. I went into the corner and laid down on the ground, grasping to my stomach. I was hungry and thirsty. I knew I wasn't going to get food or water so I decided to go to sleep curled up in a ball. The last thing I thought before I fell asleep was Derrick. How much I missed him. I need him. I need his friendly hugs and stupid jokes that always made me laugh. I missed him.

I awoke to the bright light. I was in the same room in the basement, only the lights were turned on and a platter of breakfast was laid out in front of me. Thank god they gave me coffee. It was black and plain but coffee's coffee. I sat up and walked over to the folding table with a eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, fruit, coffee, and orange juice on a serving platter. I sat in the folding chair. The coffee was tart, the fruit was molded and squashed, the bacon was only the fat. It was gross, unedible. I only got the leftovers.

After eating the unedible meal, I ran into a bathroom in the side of the the room and vomited. The bathroom was small with only a shower, toliet and sink. They removed any around such as a toothbrush holder, toilet plungers, and toilet paper holders. These people were smart. But not as smart as me. I looked at myself in the mirror and smirked I had an excellent plan.

I look the mirror off the wall and dropped it on the ground. It shatter into a hundred pieces. "Oops!" I giggled to myself.

I threw the frame of the mirror onto the other side of the room so only the glass was visible. I tied my tiny sweater into the palm of my hand and picked up the biggest piece of glass(about the size of my hand). [ A/N: The reason Ali tied her sweater around her palm was so that she wouldn't cut her hands when she picked up the glass.]

What was my plan? I would use the glass as my advantage. When someone came to check up on me I would slice his leg and make him go unconscious (something I learned in training with Derrick.) Then I would run as fast as I could out of here. Hopefully the man I made unconscious has a gun. I can only hope he has a weapon because a shard of glass won't do me any good when it comes to me with a shard of glass and five men with guns and knives. I wouldn't have a chance.

I crept up to the door and leaned against the back frame of the door so if he walked in I'd be behind him.

I waited patiently for someone to come in. Every once in a while I went and take a quick swig of my orange juice. Minutes turned to hours. I grew impatient. I knocked on the door, shouted 'FIRE'. I did everything to get someones attention to come in. Nothing seemed to be working.

Right as I was about to give up, the door swung open and someone flied into the room. I raised the glass and was about to puncture his leg when something weird happened. Someone with a pillowcase on their head and duct tape wrapped around their wrists stumbled into the room. The door quickly closed and me and the person with the pillowcase on were the only people in the room. The person was feeling around, trying to find out where he/she was.

"Freeze!" I yelled.

The person stopped dead in their tracks. I walked over to the person and untied his hands and pillowcase. His face was revealed.

No. This can't be happening. This isn't him. He can't be here. Their is no way. I can't believe it. I was shocked and disappointed. The reason he's here is because of me. I was ashamed of myself. He doesn't deserve to be here. "Jake?" I asked.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Oh no! Poor Jake. :( remember my awesome readers to comment. Fan. Vote. If you have a suggestion or criticism I'll be happy to hear it. Thanks! Have an awesome day/night.

~Kimberly