Aneurysm with Dad

---Lil' Shepherd's POV---

I follow my Dad into the patient's, but before I walk into the room he slams the tablet into my arms. "Present, please," he says while smirking that famous smirk of his. "I thought you were going to knock me out with it." "That would ruin the fun I have planned for us today." "Of course it would," I reply with my famous eye roll. "Just present. Would ya N/N?" "Fine," I say while stepping forward towards the patient's bed. "Nelson Richards, 34 years old, a saccular aneurysm in the anterior communicating artery." I present the case. "And in more simpler terms?" Dad asks for the patient's sake. "There is an aneurysm on one of the arteries in your brain this is what has been causing your severe headaches and nausea, Mr. Richards." Mr. Richards nodded in an understanding manner. "What is the treatment protocol for this aneurysm?" Dad asks looking at me intently. "Well, there are two different treatment options for an aneurysm one of them is doing an open craniotomy and clip the aneurysm, the other way is endovascular coiling, which is less invasive than a craniotomy." "Good, which one should use for this aneurysm?" "With the size of the aneurysm and it hasn't ruptured you should perform endovascular coiling," I say confidently. I can tell I'm right by the look on my Dad's face. Heck ye I'm right. How could I be wrong? I'm never wrong. "Correct, N/N, now explain this procedure to Mr. Richards, if you could be so kind." "Anything for you, Dad," I say sarcastically. "Just please do it with less attitude too." "Okie dokie." I give a thumbs up. "This procedure you'll be put under general anesthesia and a microcatheter will be placed in the catheter you have already placed, then the coil that is used to clot is in the microcatheter and will be brought to the location of the aneurysm and with the size of your aneurysm not much coil will be used, that coil will be inserted into the aneurysm, electricity will be used to separate the coil from the catheter. The coil will seal off the opening of the aneurysm permanently." I finish saying looking to my side to see my Dad smiling a goofy, proud-dad smile. "You are a natural at this? Huh?" I just look at him and start to walk out but not before he grabs me and turns me around back towards the patient. "We'll see you in the OR, Mr. Richards. I'll be performing your surgery and have my lovely daughter assist me. I'll have one of the nurses prep you," He tells Mr. Richards. "Glad to have the very best." We both nod in response and walk out of the patient's room. My dad and I go to the nurses' station. Dad puts the tablet in the charging station and looks at me with a look, a look I don't know how to describe its like a combination of pride and an evil smirk. Which can't be good for me. "You excited to scrub in? You seem to know neuro pretty well." "Actually I'm pretty excited to see an endovascular coiling surgery up close." "That's my girl." I can't help but have a smile on my face as he pats me on my shoulder. "Let's go eat something, we have a long day in front of us." "Of course we do," I say while following him to the cafeteria. "Come on Lil' me its gonna be fun." He wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk down to the cafeteria. "How about we get some cinnamon buns?" He asks me while we get on the elevator. It's gonna be a long day.