Appendectomy With Mom

---Y/N's POV---

Dad and I were walking down to the scrub room for my next surgery. When I see Dr. DeLuca walking down the hallway past us he smirks at me as he walks past us which of course doesn't get by my father. "So DeLuca then..." He smirks at me while nudging me. "There's nothing going on between us...yet" I whisper the last part so he can't hear me. "You keep telling yourself that." "I will don't you worry yourself." I wink at him. "Alright Ms. Sassy Pants, stop your bellyaching and get your butt in that scrub with your mother." My father says to me while hugging me. "I'll be up in the gallery if needed, Good Luck you're going to do amazing." "You're just saying that because you're my Dad." "Maybe or maybe not," He says while pushing me into the scrub where my mother is standing just staring at me. "Took you long enough." "Not my fault Dad wouldn't stop talking to me." "Sure...he was the one talking too much." "You got me there." "Now get over here so we can scrub in together." "Alrighty then." "I can't believe we're scrubbing in for your first general surgery just felt like yesterday I was changing your diapers." "Mooooommmm stop you're embarrassing me..." "Yea you're embarrassed I'm the one who had to change your diapers." "I didn't ask you to change my diapers." "Stop talking and scrub." 

---TIME SKIP---

Here I am once again walking into the OR with one of my parents, I know so many interns who would kill to be able to scrub in on two different surgeries with two surgeon titans, but not me since it was all handed to me on a silver platter. Aren't I lucky? I look up to the gallery to see Dad giving me two thumbs up and the rest of the gang.  I look to the corner of the gallery to see Mindy and Cassidy with the rest of the interns all looking at me with stern stares probably thinking that they should be down here instead of me. "Do you think she'll be the first intern to complete the appendectomy from start to finish without freezing up?" Cassidy asks the rest of the interns. "Of course she is because if she doesn't her mother and father are going to punish her." All of them start snickering and I just look down at my feet. Mom comes over to me. "N/N look at me," I turn myself to her and look into her eyes. "They're just jealous of you, you graduated top of your class from med school, you're a freaking 18-year-old surgical intern, they can only dream about that, you're going to be an amazing surgeon and they know they'll never be as extraordinary as you are." You start to smile underneath your surgical mask. "Thanks, Mom I love you so much." You would hug her, but you're both sterile and don't want to scrub again. "Remind me to hug you later," I tell her. "I'm going to hold you to that honey." "Of course you are." "Let's get started, shall we," she says as she motions for me to stand next to her. "Hey, Dad can I say the thing?" "Yes, you can little me." "It's a beautiful day to save lives." "You go mini me!!! That's my little neurosurgeon down there!" "Derek! Not now! My baby is starting her first appendectomy." "Ten blade please." I look to my mom who hands me the blade. I make the incision flawlessly, what did you expect I've been practicing since I could hold something in my hand. 

---TIME SKIP---

I've made it to the most difficult part of the procedure which is, of course, clamping the appendix to be able to cut it out. I got a little nervous during this part and I looked over to Mom who gave me a reassuring look as I turned back to the surgical field and take the clamp and clamp the appendix perfectly and was able to cut it out without thinking twice and then placed sutures along the line. I looked over to Mom who had a proud look on her face now and then to the gallery to see my Dad giving me a thumbs up, then I noticed in the back corner of the gallery where there was a certain Italian surgeon also giving me a smirk with a thumbs up and I responded with a nod and a smirk underneath my mask which no one noticed, thank goodness. I closed up the patient and headed to scrub out followed by Mom. "Sweetie I'm so proud of you! You can't even imagine! You're a natural born surgeon!" Mom says while running to hug me. All of sudden I hear the door open. "Little me I couldn't be prouder, the first intern to complete a solo appendectomy on their first day as a surgeon!" Dad yells running to hug me too. "Thanks, I guess it runs in my genes." "Of course it does sweetie." "I couldn't have done it without your support though." "N/N you always know that we will have your back no matter what you do," Mom mumbles through the group hug that is taking place in the OR2 scrub room right now.  This could be my chance to tell them I want to be an orthopedic surgeon, but I didn't want to ruin the moment right now. "I love you both so much." "We do too, little me," Dad says. What a perfect ending to my first day. I wonder what tomorrow can hold.