Chapter Eleven.

Lillian stuck the spoon full of chocolate ice cream in her mouth as she watched The Notebook. She'd had a pretty bad day today. Fighting with Ryan was not her intention but it happened. He didn't seem like he very much cared about her or the baby.

She had five more months to make him understand how important this is. She stuck another spoon full into her mouth and sighed. She never realized how crappy this movie was. It used to be romantic, but now really cheesy and cliché.

Her bedroom door opened and she turned her head to see her sister walk in.

"Ever heard of knocking?" she asked.

Cassandra rolled her eyes, "Whatever." she said, pulling the blanket and rubbed her stomach. "Make sure you cry a lot when you come." she said to her stomach and Lillian glared at her. "So, mom told me she picked you up from school early today. Ryan sucks anyway."

"Life sucks." Lillian thought miserably.

"Are you going to try to fix it with him for him or her? she asked.

She shrugged, "I don't know. I don't know if I should keep him or her anymore when it comes. I don't want to do it all alone and--wait, why are you caring so much?"

She shrugged, "It's my niece or nephew, and I care a lot."

"Well everything's going to go downhill for me soon." she said. "Jean will hate me soon, the whole sophomore grade will hate me; I'll have a hard time dealing with school and a baby, and I'll be a single mother." she said, her eyes watered up, but she blinked them away. "What do you think I should do, Cassandra?"

"I can't make the choice for you." she said.

"I know. I just want your opinion." Lillian said.

She took a moment, "Well all I have to say is that it's going to be hard but I know you can do it. And there is always homeschooling." she said, slapping Lillian's leg before getting up from the bed and leaving her room.

Lillian found a little comfort knowing her sister was there to support her. Cassandra always went mushy around babies anyways but Lillian was happy that her sister believed in her. She wasn't so much sure about her parents because she knew they wanted her to give it up for adoption. She overheard them in the kitchen, but they also said it was her child and her decision.

~

Lillian was closing her locker when she noticed Britney next to her locker. She had a grin on her face and Lillian's eyebrows came together, looking at this girl confused.

"Yes, Britney?" she asked.

"I know your secret, Lillian." she said, standing up from the locker she was leaning on.

Lillian skipped a heartbeat and she stood there paralyzed. Secret? She couldn't know. Her throat felt dry and her tongue starting to feel swollen as if a bee stung her tongue. "E-excuse me?" she asked.

She wiggled her index finger and turned around, "Why don't you follow me to somewhere quiet?"

She began to walk and Lillian stood there, scared out of her mind. She licked her lips nervously. She couldn't possibly know about the pregnancy, right?

Lillian hesitated, but she followed Britney over to the janitor's closet and she turned on the lights. Lillian pressed her back against the door, feeling as if she was going to fall.

Britney still had that grin on her face, "I know your pregnant, Lillian." she said and Lillian almost dropped everything in her arms and she was about to go on her knees and beg her not to tell Jeanette.