Chapter Twenty-Six.

Four days later...

Zane was tossing his head side to side as he looked around, even though he couldn't really see anything but a few inches away. Lillian thought it was cute of him as she changed his diaper and strapped his onesies back together.

Today was the day they both get to go home. Lillian was well enough to go home now, but had to rest a lot. And Zane quickly added that pound and half in those fours day, making it enough for him to go home.

He started fussing and crying a little. She chuckled as she picked him up and cradling him, "Aw, it's alright.", she said, swaying back and forth. "It's okay, Zane. You'll get over it soon, shhh."

Just like she said, he stopped cry and decided he wanted to sleep. She chuckled and brought him up to her face, swaying as she whispered to him that she loves him and will forever. She kissed his cheek right when Ryan came back in, "Ready to go home?", he asked and she smiled as she nodded.

A wheelchair was brought in for her and she sat down as they went downstairs. When they got to the entrance, Ryan went outside and got the car. She was playing with Zane, her finger in his hand and she waved them back and forth, making little 'whooshing' sounds.

Ryan's car pulled up and she was wheeled out to the car. Ryan got out and took Zane so Lillian could get up. She had to walk slowly since she was still in pain a little from the surgery and she got in the back. Ryan handed her Zane and she placed him into the car seat, strapping him safe and sound into the car seat.

When he was all set up, she waved by the nurses before Ryan drove away. She turned to Zane who was just look straight forward at nothing but she guessed he must have like the sound of the car driving and movement. She felt just a mother hawk since she couldn't seem to take her eyes off him.

When they got to his house, Lillian undid Zane's seat belt and took him out. She handed him to Ryan as she got out of the car and took Zane right back as they walked towards up to the house. Ryan opened the door form them and Lillian went in, "We're home.", she said and Meredith got up quickly and walked over to her.

"Oh there's my grandson.", she said and Lillian handed Zane to Meredith. "We just couldn't wait to get you home.", she said as they walked over back to the coach, sitting down next to Chris. "Doesn't he just look like Ryan when he was a baby?".

"Yeah, he does.", Ryan's dad said. "Have his grandpa looks though.", he grinned and Ryan rolled his eyes.

"Well you to could pass as twins right now.", Ryan said as him and Lillian walked over to the love seat and Chris scowled at him and Ryan grinned back.

"I'm still handsome for my age.", he said. "But hey, remember, this is what your future looks like.", he said.

"Oh, which reminds me, I have to get a picture of that.", Meredith said. "Ryan and Chris, go over and hold him.", she said and they all looked at her confused. "It'll be cute, three generations.".

"I'm not that old, dear. Even, we're missing dad and he and ma wont be down until next week.", Chris scuffed and she glared him.

"Now.", she said and he sighed, getting up. Lillian giggled as she got up from the coach and Chris held Zane as Meredith grabbed and set up the camera. "Smile, dear.", she said to Chris and Chris put on a smile, making Lillian burst into laughter, which hurt a little and she held her side, taking deep breaths.

"I'm fine.", Lillian said. "Go on, take them. I want copies.". Meredith snapped a few picture of different poses and when she told Lillian to get over there, Lillian shook her head, "No, no, I spent the last three days having my mom snap dozens of picture already and I'm sure in most of them, I look bad. I don't need anymore.".