Chapter Twenty-One.

Three weeks later.

Lillian sat on Ryan dresser as he moved most of his big stuff into the middle. She was rubbing her stomach, amazing how much in short time she can grow quickly. She could strongly feel Zane now and he likes to get her up at night with his movement and had to pee at least two or three times a night.

She was restless and tired. Always tired.

But she promised she'll help Ryan with whatever she could with painting the room and organizing everything. They're going to paint Ryan green written on walls a baby blue color and one side of the room will have clouds, which will be the baby side.

Their bed and dresser will be on their side and the baby crib and everything else will be on the other side. They got the crib already and a dress for his clothes and anything else. They could have had Ryan brothers room but Lillian wanted the baby close to her so she wouldn't have to go and out of rooms.

After Ryan got everything in the middle and helped her down, she was starting to having to hold the bottom of her belly sometimes when she walks. He pulled the plastic sheet over everything and he opened the primer can, "I'll put the primer on.", he said, since the smell of the primer was strong and she already felt her stomach turned. It was to toxic for her to breath anyways.

"Wish I could help.", she told him. "We told your parents we'll do it together.".

"Go get a shower and ready for dinner tonight.", he said. "I can do this quickly. My dad always brought me and my brothers with him to the construct on the homes he would buys.". Ryan father isn't just a cop, but he a landlord to many houses. That's how their rich. Not rich rich but they had enough money.

"Want anything to eat while your working?", she asked.

He shook his head, "Nah, best not to eat. Is your father coming tonight?", he asked.

She frowned and shook her head, "No, he refuses to come.", she said sadly. Today was the day she moves in and the whole week her father wouldn't look at her and when she tried to talk to her, he would always fight with her. "But my mom and Cassandra are coming to the restaurant."

"I'm real sorry, Lil.", he said, looking up at her. "He'll come through and understand."

"I wish he would now.", she said. "I hate being the disappointment in his eyes. It kills me.", she said, her eyes watering up and she couldn't help her emotions, they slipped out and down her face. She wiped her eyes as she cried more and Ryan got up, holding her in his arms. "He won't look me in the eyes anymore, Ryan. It's been three weeks, how could he still hate me? I thought I'm doing the right thing by moving in and-".

"You are.", he said, looking down at her. "And he doesn't hate you, he's just mad. His daughter moving out, growing up. I'm sure that's hard for him to handle with."

"I just wish he'll come tonight.", she said. "I called his office this morning to ask him and he wouldn't even answer the phone. My mom had to tell him."

"He'll get over it, I'm sure it's as hard on him more than you think.", he said. "Look, don't stress about it right now. We should stress about how we're going to draw those clouds without making them look deform.".

Even though she was upset, she chuckled and wipped her eyes as she stopped crying, "True. Okay, okay, I'm fine. Shower and get ready."

"Right."

Lillian grabbed the pair of jeans and top she was going to wear tonight dinner before leaving Ryan--their--bedroom and over to the bathroom. She started the shower and waited for it to get to the temper she likes.