Chapter 7

"Your Majesty tis indeed poison"

"Sin" he said and stood up from his chair.

"Yes, your Majesty," Sin replied, the man who rushes in to check on his Majesty. She was introduced to him earlier, he is both the King's chancellor and bodyguard.

"Lead the Physician out" as if on par with the King's words, the Physician stood up and bowed to leave.

As the door closes behind him, Sin bowed and said,"They are able to infiltrate and was able to carry out the act, that must mean there are rats inside, your Majesty".

"Send men out to investigate each and everyone who works and is involved with kitchen matters"

"Yes, your Majesty" Sin bowed and left the room.

"Thank you" he came towards her and bowed his head.

Elpis was taken aback by the King's gesture. No King had respected her as he had done now. She did not regret making this bargain with him, "Tis in our bargain, your Majesty" she said.

"Nonetheless, you've done more than tis ask for this Kingdom, for that I shall do my utmost to grant you your freedom" he said and smiled looking at her confused face.

Asar remembered the first time his father took him to see her. His father was more sane then. He was only 10. When he first saw her, he thought she was a goddess. She did not utter a word towards him or his father, but just sat looking at them as if she can see through everything. Her face emotionless.

Afterwards, he begin to learn about her history and the rules that they must follow. He learned that she had been alive for 700 years or so.

"This here, you need not fear it son. She was named Elpis and is at our disposal to use her however we want for the Kingdom. She looked like a goddess but be warn, if you touched her you will have to pay a price."

"What price?" he asked curious by what his father had said.

"We have some foolish Kings that have tried to rape the girl, but did not succeed and instead have contracted an illness and some were even in a coma. Just remembered that there are rules to this binding between her and us"

Even at that young age, Asar was able to understand the gravious crime of the binding. In order for the binding to take place, the first King sacrificed his firstborn and used the blood to imprison her to their Kingdom. The first King had thought that the girl would be useful to them in the future and he was right. However, he did not know that there would also be a curse that came along with it as well.

The curse was that the royal family can only have one child. That is the price they have to pay for imprisoning a life. Asar had always thought that he will set the girl free when he became King.

They had done her wrong for so long, but she still chose to save him, for this he swore that he will do all in his power to protect her and grant her, her wish.