Almost Easy

*Matt's POV *

The second I walked inside, the smell of puke and spilled alcohol hit me like a brick wall. I gagged as I put a hand over my mouth and nose, trying not to barf right then and there. It was horrible, it made my insides hurt.

If Brian wasn't dead by now, I'd kill him.

I made my way to the third storey of the house where the master bathroom was. However when I walked in there, it was empty. I rose an eyebrow as I got out. I made my way to the master bedroom and walked on the balcony. I sighed when I saw Brian sitting by the pool with his legs in the water. His shoulders were slouched and beer bottles were by his side. I had passed a few stacks of empty beers on my way through the house, I also saw a puddle of puke in the corner of the bathroom near the toilet which explained the bad smell.

I sighed as I threw my duffel bag on the bed and made my way to the staircase. I was careful, one of the bottles was smashed and glass was everywhere around me.

After a few moments, I was slowly making my way to Brian. A beer was in my hand, I was going to act as if he was perfectly fine and nothing had happened. His ego was way too big even in times like these and I'd just make matters worse if I try to treat him as a person that needs help.

I sat next to him, sitting cross-legged so I didn't wet my feet. I smiled, however it was fake, "Hey there, Bri. What's up?"

He shrugged as he slowly turned to face me, making me drop my beer in shock. He wasn't the Brian I knew and loved.

His face was sunken in, I hadn't noticed how much weight he had lost over the past few months. His hair was messy and his eyes were dull and tired. He rose the beer bottle to his lips and took a gulp, then spoke up, "I don't know anymore."

I didn't care about his ego right now. I could see he was close to breaking. He had lost hope. I wrapped an arm around him and he dropped the beer he was holding, the liquid spilled into the pool. Bri moved closer to me, leaning against me. His head was in the crook of my neck and his arms were wrapped around my torso. My arms were wrapped around him and I closed my eyes.

"I saw Jimmy."

My breath hitched in my throat. I shook my head as I rubbed his back,"Brian, you're only drunk. You -"

He moved away from me and shook his head," No! I swear I saw him... You know I wouldn't lie when it comes to something like this.. At first I thought I was dreaming, but I was wrong. Yeah, I was actually dreaming at first, but then I woke up. I had a panic attack and I locked myself in the bathroom. Hours later, i go out to find the whole place trashed and Michelle was nowhere to be seen. The place looked just like how it did when Jimmy came and drank all of my alcohol. I got sick and I ended up throwing up, however I missed the toilet. When I was done and I washed my face, I saw something, more like someone right by my side in the reflection of the mirror. I got really scared. The figure was a tall man, with short black hair, bright blue eyes, but I couldn't see much. He reached out his hand and put it on my shoulder. I literally felt it. That's when I went crazy and ran down the stairs. That's how I smashed one of the bottles. I took some more bottles with me and drank them. I'm not drunk enough to be seeing thing, Mattie. I'm not insane."

I sighed as I shook my head," But that's impossible... It's been nearly ten years... "

Brian was almost sobbing at this point, "Mattie... Matt, please believe me. You know I wouldn't lie about this. I-I feel like I'm going insane. I feel like I'm completely bonkers! I'm not insane, Matt!"

I sighed as I got up, taking Brian with me. I wrapped my arm around his shoulders and escorted him to the living room. I made him sit on the couch and sighed, "Stay here. I'll call the guys. We will take care of this problem as a group."

-

Not even a half hour later, Zacky, Brooks and Johnny were at Brian's. They all made their way into the living room and went pale when they saw the state Brian was in. He was still crying silently, however his face was emotionless.

Zacky sat next to him, Johnny sat next to me and Brooks sat on the wooden coffee table. After a pause, I spoke up, "Have any of you seen Jimmy? Speak now."

The three of them stood silent, making me groan. I slammed my fist on the wooden table, making everyone but Brian jump, "Speak up!"

First to speak up was Brooks,"I did. It was somewhere around April. He visited me in my dreams and left notes in my shoes."

Next one was Zacky, "He was in a nightmare of mine. He also left a note on the kitchen counter, saying he's coming for me. Meghan saw it and freaked out. He also attacked me. That same day Johnny and I went to his house with McKenna, since she knows a lot about magic and dead and shit like that."

Then Johnny confessed, "The next day I was attacked by the ghost of Dimebag Darrell. I got scared so I asked McKenna and Zacky to stay with me and the power of the house ran out. The whole night we heard voices and snickers, then when we woke up the whole place was trashed."

All of a sudden, Brian spoke up, his voice just barely above a whisper, "You got my baby sister involved in this?"

Zacky and Johnny stood up and got away from Brian, which was a wise decision. Even I was kinda freaked out about his next move.

I knew Brooks was strong enough so I looked at him and we nodded at each other. I grabbed of Brian's arm and Brooks grabbed his other one as I spoke up, "Let's get you to sleep."

Brian was furious, however he knew better than to fight us two. We escorted him to his room and left him in there. Hopefully he didn't do anything stupid, he was smarter than that.

Brooks and I walked back downstairs and I looked at the two men that stood uncomfortably in the middle of the room. I nodded to them as I took off my snapback, throwing it on the table, "Let's clean this place up."