Breaking Their Hold

*Johnny's POV*

Zacky called me to come over so Tennessee and Franklin can play, while we discussed something important. He didn't say anything more, just told me that Meaghan and Lacey were going out while we had a few beers.

When I knocked on his door, he grabbed me by the collar and brought me through the door. He kissed Franklin's forehead, then took him from me and went to the kids' room, so Tennessee, Ozzy and Franklin could play.

I sat on the couch as I heard him talk to Tennessee, "Be a good boy and watch over these two, ok? Yell if you're hungry, Daddy loves you."

Then I heard the opening scene to Lion King and the door closed. A few moments later, Zacky walked inside and spoke up, "Jimmy is haunting me."

I rose an eyebrow and sighed, "Zacky, have you tried meth again? I thought you've stopped seventeen years ago!"

He rolled his eyes and told me to follow him. We walked into the kitchen and he started looking through the trash bin, making me raise my eyebrows. After a few moments, he held up a note. Zack shoved it into my hands, making me grimace, "This was literally in the trash-"

My blood ran cold when I noticed Jimmy's writing. My eyes went wide and I shook my head, "This couldn't be real..."

Zacky shook his head with a sigh, "Well, it's pretty much real... Matt, my brother, is home. We can go to Jimmy's house to see if we can find anything. No word to the guys, okay?"

I frowned as I crossed my arms, "Why? I think we should tell them -"

Zacky's eyes filled with horror and he shook his head, "Brian will go nuts! We won't see him again, because he would most likely blow his brains out or end up in a mental hospital."

I sighed and nodded as we both walked outside and next door, where his brother, Matt lived, "You're right. We have to go to his house right now or else we'll be in some deep shit."

Zacky knocked on the door and let himself in. I just waited for a while until both him and Zacky walked out. They looked a lot alike, sometimes it was scary.

I gave him a hug and smiled, "Hey man, how are you?"

Matt slapped my back and nodded, "Good man, I'm good."

We had a bit of a chat and then Matt went inside to watch over the kids while we went to Zacky's car. We got inside and I shrugged, "Well, where do we go now?"

Zacky started the car and took off, "First off, we need to go to McKenna's house."

-

The door opened and McKenna raised an eyebrow when she saw us. Zacky smiled and whistled from his place on the driver's seat, "Get in loser, we're going shopping!"

I sighed and escorted her to the car. She pushed her dark hair out of the way and smiled at me,"What are we doing?"

I smiled back and opened her door, she thanked me as she got inside. When I was in the car, I spoke up,"You're kind of a witch, right? "

Kenna frowned but nodded, "Yes, I am. I'm getting kinda worried now because you two, especially you Johnny, are not really mature... Even tho you have kids. No offense. "

I popped her a smile, shaking my head,"None taken. Now, you see, we're headed over to Jimmy's. "

She raised an eyebrow and damn, she looked a lot like Brian when she did,"Oh? Why?"

Zacky tried to choose his words wisely, "Can you see if... By any means... His spirit is still in there?"

She laughed, rolling her eyes, "Without even having to think again I say yes, his spirit is still there. But just a part of it. It almost lingers like a type of a smell, y'know?"

I nodded as I thought about it. That explains why it smelt like dirty socks all the time, no matter how many times Brian opened the windows and cleaned the house. It was a good thing he bought it, I couldn't imagine having strangers living in it.

-

"Thanks McKenna, you were huge help."

She smiled wide, looking at me, "I'm happy to help. I loved Jimmy like my own brother and I'd do anything for him, and for you, guys. And I promise I won't say anything to Brian or Matt. Matt, yeah, he will freak out, but Brian, he'd go completely bonkers."

Zack stopped in front of her house and leant down, kissing her cheek, "Bye Kenna, have a nice day. "

She smiled and kissed his cheek, then hugged me, "I'm always here to help. You can get to me twenty - four hours in the day. I'm always available."

We bid each other farewell and Zacky started driving back to his house. He glanced at me and sighed, "Well, we got some work done... What would you do if it turns out that Jimmy is actually here, with us? "

I sighed and shook my head, "Fuck if I knew... I think I'll freak out, but then I'll quickly get over it and I'll start acting like he never left. You?"

Zacky tapped on the steering wheel as his house got into view, "I'll break down. I'll cry until I get dehydrated and I wouldn't even care if you call me gay. It's just that, I miss him so much and even tho he's scared the shit out of me, I'm not mad at him. I'll never be. I love him way too much."

He parked the car and turned to me,"Let's get back to our boys. I need Tennessee and Ozzy's love."

We started walking to the house and I smiled when I thought about having Franklin in my arms again, "I gotta agree with you on that one."

Zacky opened the door, but we both stopped dead in our tracks. We looked at each other and I gulped, shaking my head.

"Fuck..."