Chapter 15

Recap:

‘I could tell that she wasn’t telling me something. I could feel it through my bond. But I can’t really complain because that would make me a hypocrite, seeming as I have a big secret of my own. I just wish she would tell me soon so I can tell her…’

Chapter 15

~ Cleo’s Pov ~

I have had the best day of my life ever! And that is a long time because I’m 250!

After school, we went to the park, got some ice cream, and did everything a couple might do. It was the best day ever! I think I love him.

Obviously I didn’t tell him everything. I didn’t lie, I just didn’t say the whole story. I can’t tell him what I am! He would kill me or reject me or both!

In his eyes I am a rogue, plus he has no clue that I am of higher authority than him so he would lock me up or something.

I can’t even say that I’m a royal! I’m not ready yet.

I will know when the right time is, but it is not now.

He tells me about his pack and his past. His mother died giving birth to him and his father got killed in an attack from the pack that he moved away from.

He has obviously had a hard life so I don’t want to add any complications to his life.

~

After he dropped me off at my house, I ran straight to my bedroom. 

I had a think about my day with Dylan. He is perfect. His eyes are like caramel and his muscles are so tough and defined. I love him already yet he probably won’t feel the same…

Knock knock.

‘’Come in!’’ I can smell that it is Mary.

‘’What’s the matter dear? Why did you run into your room?’’ She asks.

‘’I needed time to think’’ I said. Is that the best I could come up with?

‘’About what sweetheart? What happened at school today?’’ she says, worriedly.

‘’I found my mate. He is amazing and sweet and kind and…’’ I realise I’m rambling so I stop.

‘’That’s wonderful honey, but you know, if he hurts you, you put him in his place.’’ She grins.

I laugh at this.

‘’Yes Mary, I’m sure I will.’’

‘’Darling, you look quite pale. Paler than usual. Have you fed recently?’'

I try to remember the last time I fed. When I remember, I look up to Mary. ‘’I got abducted the last time I fed. I don’t want that to happen again. What do I do?’’

‘’Well for starters, you are too pale and hungry to eat an animal. You, my dear, need human blood. You are the Queen so it’s not like anyone can tell you off. It is only illegal if you kill an innocent person so you’ll be fine. Go find yourself something to eat love.’’

I nod. ‘’Okay Mary. Thanks.’’ It was never uncomfortable talking about blood to Mary, as she is a vampire herself.

I start to get ready for my night out. I wear a black dress that hugs all my curves in the right place and shows off parts of my back. It’s quite low, so it shows a lot of cleavage. With a push up bra, it can be very affective to lure an unsuspecting human.

I wear black heels that strap around my feet and a black beaded necklace. I put on mascara, blusher and a thick coat of red lipstick. I don’t need anything else as I have porcelain skin anyway. It’s for the ‘seductress act’ to beckon your prey towards you.

~

I get to the club and look the bouncer straight in the eyes. I walk up to him slowly, making sure I sway my hips to the music coming from inside the club. I put my index finger on him and trail it down his chest and torso. I look like I’m 18 but I don’t have any id. I can smell the lust coming off of him. He gulps and shakily grabs the rope, letting me pass.

I go straight to the bar and ask for a shot of vodka, which helps the need to feed digest. I smell sweat and alcohol. Disgusting.

As I approach the dance floor, to look for unsuspecting prey, I hear a scream. Only I can hear it though with my amplified hearing.

I follow this noise as I hear it again.

A thump.

She hit the wall on the east side of the building. I find a back entrance to the club. I quickly walk round the outside of the building. I take a deep breath in and smell alcohol and a vampire. The alleyway lead me to a girl who was severely drunk and a vampire whose smell I knew all too well.

The ‘midnight murderer’. (aka a young male vampire.) I automatically hissed. This is the vampire that got me captured, the vampire that got me exposed. I let my vampire take over as my fangs come out.

I pull him off the terrified girl and get a good look at his face. OMG. It can’t be…

Please commment and vote!

xx