Chapter 9

Recap:

‘I finish off the meat hungrily as I come to my senses and become aware that I’m not alone. I turn around and see my friends from school look at me with such horror as I hear a spray to my left and I fall down towards the floor in pain. Vervain.’

Chapter 9:

~ Miss Pateman’s Pov ~

I sit and wonder in the staff toilet.

I know it isn’t the best of places but I get peace and quiet here. I try and re-think the situation. I can’t believe that she isn’t a vampire! She didn’t react one bit to the vervain and she made a fool of me at the same time! How dare her. I will get my own back! I swear to G-d I will…

~

After lunch I went to my fiancé Jordan. I love saying that word ‘fiancé’. It just rolls off my tongue! I asked what we should do.

‘’We need to break her. Hit her where it hurts. What does she care about the most? What will she do anything for?’’ He enquired.

‘’Errr… her house? Her car?’’ I question.

‘’No, it needs to be more personal. She can always steal a new car or house…’’ He replies.

‘’I don’t know honey! Tell me please.’’ I tell him, very frustrated.

‘’Her friends! She has made a close bond with them and I bet she hasn’t told them her secret. It is against vampire law. The royals would punish her by death if she told a soul! That has to be away forward!’’ I nod in approval. That is actually a good idea… Hmm.

So, we made a plan and I then set off to teach for my afternoon classes.

~

At the end of the day, I ‘bumped’ into her friends. I asked them to help me with carrying some papers and (of course) they obliged. They carried them to my car which was round the corner in a secluded part of the car park.

I open my car door, where the trap was laid out for me.

I then turned around with the gun in my hand and point it at the first girl I see. ‘’Put your hands up and shut up or she dies.’'

The girls nod and I see the girl that I have the gun pointed at, gulp. I smirk at her distress.

‘’Follow me. I want to show you something. You won’t believe what you’re about to see! You’re friend has lied to you. That girl, Cleo, she is a vampire. And this is no drama recital when I tell you this. She had probably made friends with you to get information. She needs that for her victims. Did she ask you about the midnight murderer?’’

All of them nodded. None of them dared to mention a word.

‘’Well there is your proof. And what more proof do you need than to see the monster in action yourself? Hmm?’’ I smile with glee.

We walk into the forest and for hours, but I don’t sense anything. Then, I smell a supernatural. I knew it was her, and she had come out to play.  I can smell the decay of rotting flesh as we near closer to the clearing in the forest because of my heightened senses.

Jordan had gone out with his human hunting mates on purpose, just to shoot an animal so we can see her in full action. We injected some of Jordan’s blood into the animal so she would be more attracted to it. We also made a path of droplets of his blood from her car to the animal. She would turn straight into a vampire as she hit bloodlust and she would forget about all her senses. Just how you trap a vampire.

We reach the clearing where the animal was placed. I can see her now. She has her back to us but I bet she looks gruesome. I see her stop and sniff the air.

She slowly turns round.

I gasp at what I see before me. In front of me is the scariest, cruellest looking beast I have ever seen in my life. I have never seen a Vampire look this way before. She has the whitest face and the most demonic red eyes ever. Her glare looked feral and her blood-covered teeth were down to her bottom lip.

Her talons were out and were stained in red blood from the animal. She licked her fingers one by one. She’s doing that on purpose as if to say she enjoyed her meal. Her red and black eyes were solely focused on me. If looks could kill, well, I’d be 6ft under.

The only thing you could hear in the whole forest was the blood drop from her mouth. Drip, drip, drip.

She snapped her head up in realisation as her eyes went back to their usual colour. She stepped back with her hands in the air as she realises what she has done. Her nails reduce to their normal size as her face becomes human-like once more.

Fortunately for Jordan, she steps closer towards him and he sprays her with vervain. The girl’s faces are shaking with terror and they slowly turn to look at me. I have no idea why they have looks of torture or disgrace on their faces but I have a feeling the want to hurt me bad.

Bad luck. As they are only human I run faster than they can possibly imagine and I put chloroform on them.

As everyone drops down to the floor with a thud, I look at Jordan with a sense of pride at my, I mean ‘our’ achievement. We haul them back to school and dump them in a cupboard and lock it up. Perfect.

Please comment and vote!

xx