seven

The day after Luke came by I decided to go to school. I had been grieving over my mom's death for two weeks now. After Luke went home yesterday I thought about everything and I concluded in the end that I did have to live my life to the fullest, you never know what can happen. I learned that. 

I still had heavy bags under my eyes as a memory from the painful last weeks but luckily there's a thing called concealer. I only put concealer and mascara on I was bothered with anything else. I took on a white top with a red flannel over it and black ripped jeans. 

I quickly got some breakfast and got out of the door. I walked down past Alexander's house and saw him by his bike faced away from me. I decided to stop being such a coward and actually talk to my best friend. "Fancy walking to school with me?" I asked ashamed. I felt so stupid because I have ignored him all this time. I was scared for his answer... What if he hates me now?

He turned around quickly. When he saw me, he looked up and down me like he was seeing if it was really me. It made me a bit self conscious so I looked away. "Wow I never thought you would ask" He  grinned and I giggled back. 

We walked down the street heading towards the school. There was silence but it wasn't awkward at all, more like a pleasant silence. "You know, I really missed you, Sandy." He suddenly said. I turned my head so I looked at him and stopped. 

"Yeah 'bout that.." I said nervously. "I'm really sorry for ignoring you like that. I honestly don't know how I could do that to you. It was just a very hard time for me, and still is.. And I missed you too Alex" I continued. 

He stared at me for a while before speaking, clearly astonished. "Please, don't apologize Sandy I know how hard it was for you - I would be the same exact way if that happened to me. I'm just relieved that you actually talked to me again. A part of me thought that you wouldn't speak to me ever again." 

I didn't know what to answer so I just hugged him. He hugged me back and I could smell his cologne. I really did miss him. So much actually.. 

**

The first lessons went very fast. Everyone looked at me in the halls of the school and in the classrooms. I also heard people talk behind my back, or so they thought but I heard them. Loud and clearly. "Did you hear? Sandy's mom died because she was an alcoholic and Sandy broke down. I think she's gone crazy" The answer to that was: "She already was before that haha" I just ignored them and walked away from them.

In the cafeteria I sat with Alex as usual but this time Luke and three other boys came to our table. One of them had dark brown hair and brown eyes. The other one had a bandana on and had light brown wavy/curly hair. The third guy had green spikey hair. They all looked very good, especially Luke. 

"Heeeeeeeeeey Aleeeex" The guy with green hair shouted while he walked over to our table and sat down. The other guys said hi to Alex too and sat down. Luke sat down next to me and smiled. They didn't really notice me before Luke said hello to me. They suddenly all turned to me and looked surprised. 

"Well who do we have here?" The guy with the dark brown hair asked. "It's my best friend Sandy! Haven't you met her before?" Alex answered. The guy with the bandana smiled to me and said immediately "Heeeey I'm Ashton, a friend of Alex. Have you only just started?" I smiled by the thought of the name Ashton. It actually fitted him so well. 

"Hi! No no I've been here ever since the start!" I answered smiling a bit. The boys all greeted me after Ashton did except Luke of course. The guy with the green hair is Michael and the dark haired guy is Calum. After they greeted me Calum looked at Luke with a weird face. "What?" Luke asked confused. "Um, being rude today are we?" He looked between me and Luke conferring to him not saying hello. 

"Oh, no, we already know each other!" Luke exclaimed. He looked down when the boys stared him down. "Since when?" Michael asked surprised. "We met through Alex the first couple of days when Luke started" I answered. 

They all started giving Luke weird communication looks I think it was. I didn't really understand it. Alex looked  quite annoyed. 

Calum then looked really intense at me. I actually got quite uncomfortable to be honest. "Would you fancy coming over to our house tonight, Sandy? We'll order pizza!" He smiled. "Oh and Luke will be there too" Michael added while blinking. Luke looked awkwardly down at the table while Ashton also invited Alex. 

I thought about it for a while and then thought why not? It's ages since I've hanged out with anyone. 

"Yeah sure. Why not?" I smiled at them all. Luke smiled shy and awkward to me but I didn't know why. But I would soon find out. 

-------------------------

HI GUYS 

i'M SO SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOREVER. I NEEDED MORE INSPIRATION TO WRITE AND KINDA NEEDED MOTIVATION..

IT WOULD REALLY BOOST ME TO WRITE MORE IF YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE COMMENT AND VOTE ON MY CHAPTERS.

IT REALLY REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO WRITE MORE BC IT LET'S ME KNOW THAT PPL ARE ACTUALLY ENJOYING THIS STORY. THANK YOU 

THANK YOU FOR 500 READS I LOVE YOU.