one

School. 

I absolutely hate going to school. Everyone stares at me and I feel like they are judging me with their eyes. My mum always forces me to school, that's the only thing she makes me do, other than that she doesn't care. 

I woke up 15 minutes before school starts. I went out to the bathroom and saw my red puffy eyes. I looked horrible but I didn't really care. No one talks to me anyway, only Alexander but he doesn't mind. I put on some mascara to put more focus on my lashes than my puffy eyes. I just put on black ripped jeans and a simple pale blue t-shirt. 

I went downstairs and turned my head in my mums bedroom and saw her laying half out of bed, completely drunk. It really hurts to see her like that. I feel like it's my fault that she ended up like this, that my dad left us.. And I feel guilty of it every single day. 

"Bye Mum.." I whispered, while walking outside to go to school.

I could already hear my subconscious telling me in the back of my head that everyone is whispering about me. This happens all the time.. I always come just before the bell rings so I don't have to stand alone and wait. Do you ever have the feeling of wanting to disappear? Well, I have this feeling every single day here. I just want to hide away so no one can find me ever again and look at me with judging eyes like they know all my darkest secrets..

The first classes went quite fast, I always sit in the back so I can hide as much as possible in a small room filled with loud people who feels the need to comment every thing the teacher says. To be honest I have loads of comments to shout out but I keep them to myself so I avoid getting stares.

It was now lunch break so I went to the cafeteria to get some food. "Hey Sandy" I hear someone behind me say. I turn around and see my best friend standing there smiling with his perfect white teeth. Alexander has blonde slightly curly hair and grey innocent eyes. He is actually very attractive with no shadow of a doubt and he did once try to make a move on me, but I only see him as my best friend. I've known him ever since I was 4 years old when he moved in a couple of houses down. I couldn't date him, I just couldn't. 

"Hi Alex" I lightly smile and give him a hug. Behind him there's a boy I haven't seen before, who is it? He has the most amazing appearance. He has very light-brown hair you could say blonde and beautiful blue eyes. I think Alexander noticed me staring at the boy because he suddenly says, "Oh sorry this is Luke he's new, we have English together"

Luke.

Luke.... What a perfect name for such an attractive guy. Shit what do I say or do?

 "Luke this is Sandy, my best friend!" Alex adds trying not to let things get awkward. "Hey" says Luke smiling. "Hi Luke nice to meet you" I give a small smile and an awkward wave. A small smile for me is massive. I don't smile very often just because.. Well, I just don't have a reason to smile that often. "Same to you" He smiled again. I felt so awkward so I quickly went over and got some food and left.

I could see Alex looking weird at me when I walked past them but I couldn't stand there anymore. If you haven't noticed already, I'm not a very social person. I then went to the only place in this school that I love and can be alone - the music room. I rushed inside the room filled up with instruments and sat on the floor right on the other side of the door. I needed a moment to recover from the awkward meeting Luke scenario. 

I got up and put my food on a table before going over to the piano. I surprisingly do play the piano. I learned by myself, all these lunch breaks I've been practicing. School is useful for something. I started playing Demons by Imagine Dragons while singing. When I hear or play music, I just sing. I can't help it, it comes naturally. Suddenly my song gets interrupted by someone's voice.

"Wow that sounds amazing who are y--" He stopped talking when he saw me and stared with amazed eyes.

Shit, is this really happening right now? I stared worried at him. We both didn't say anything. I was so embarrassed, no one has ever heard me play the piano or sing before.. What should I do?

But the worst part of this is, that it wasn't Alex that stepped in to this room....

It was Luke.

------------

Hey guys!

Thank you for reading, it means a lot to me.
Luke is in the story now yayyy!

Luke isn't famous in this fanfiction btw if you haven't already noticed haha. 

Please vote or comment if you like this story so far, thank you!