Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Andrew's POV

"I am going with you." Meredith declared the minute I walked into the living room.

I smiled at her, sitting down across from her on the opposite couch. "I know." I told her.

"I don't care what you-." She stopped, my words registering to her mind. "Wait, I can go?" She asked baffled.

I held in my laughter from her expression. I had a feeling she would be preparing a speech on why she should come along after my phone call with Royal Nicholas, which was why I decided to do some paper work first.

"Yes Meredith, you can come." I told her, letting out a chuckle.

Meredith stared at me, her gaze flickering down to my injured foot for a second before looking back up at me. I couldn't tell if she was feeling guilty about it or if she was simply curious as to how I was walking. My foot still hurt, but I didn't want Meredith to know that. No matter how much pain I was in, I kept walking without limping.

"Well," Meredith said almost cheerfully, "That went easier than expected. When do we leave?"

"Whenever my Beta Zach gets here." I informed her. "I'm guessing you already know the location on where we're meeting?" I asked.

Meredith nodded looking thoughtful."You know, I could do a spell to get us there quickly. Driving would take all day and night. Transporting would take seconds and plus, I'm starving." She said.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Really? You'd do that?" I asked. I had thought of the idea earlier on but dismissed it, thinking Meredith wouldn't care if we drove or not.

Meredith shrugged. "Sure. It's faster, and it beats driving in a car. I get cranky in long car rides." She replied.

I smiled at her, nodding my head at her. "Alright then. We'll leave in a couple of hours. We shouldn't be there long thanks to your portal but we need a place to stay. I'll arrange for all that later, we could go out to eat if you'd like? Or we can simply eat at home?" I asked her. I didn't mind where we ate, as long as I was with her.

Meredith pursed her lips slightly, thinking over her options. "I'd prefer to eat here. I don't want to go out today." She said.

I nodded, already asking the cooks to prepare us a meal. We ate a simple breakfast, not too much but not too little. I had a feeling Meredith would need her energy for her magic and I needed to be on alert if we ran into any Hunters along the way.

I was bringing Zach and a couple of other fighters from my pack. I didn't want to take the best so I took a couple of good guards and left my third in command and father here to watch over the pack from my absence. I was worried about the pack but I was also confident nothing bad would happen while I was away. Whenever I did have to go on a business trip everyone knew to be alert and cautious. Nothing ever happened before but I knew not to underestimate the Hunters.

Meredith went to go pack her things along with mine. I didn't need much so I asked Meredith if she could pack a couple of my things; just some change of clothes and my necessities'. With her preoccupied with her belonging, I went into the office were Nora and Zach were waiting for me along with the guards I planned to bring along.

In total there were eight people going. Meredith, Zach, five fighters and me. Zach wanted to bring more but I didn't want to take more than that. I had a feeling that if we brought to much, some of the other packs would clash. Not all packs were as peaceful as most, I knew we wouldn't have problems with Blood Rose or Blue Rivers, I had many friends from other packs but some felt that I was a threat. Why I would never know nor did I care enough to figure out why.