Chapter 14

Picture of Ren on side :)

Chapter 14

Andrew's POV

"There." Emma sighed, taking a step back from Meredith, "That should be healing the burn wounds as we speak. It'll be gone within hours."

Meredith gave Emma a blank stare.

Emma frowned "The antidote would have been better if I wasn't so worried about you!"

Instead of insulting or beginning an argument with Emma, Meredith stayed quiet. Emma raised an eyebrow at Meredith's loss of words. Meredith had yet to utter a single word since Emma and Vivian arrived and in honesty, it was beginning to concern me. I had a strong feeling it was because of what we had spoken about earlier but that didn't seem to be a good reason for Meredith to suddenly become silent.

Emma's antidote was amazing. It was a clear liquid that she sprayed over Meredith's burns. The liquid hardly visible and I could already see the wounds on Meredith's face healing from the affect of it. I had to admit, I was amazed. Not even Wolves healed as quickly as that.

"We should be moving along. We don't know where those Hunters are." Vivian mumbled, her eyes darting from side to side.

"Vivian is right, it's not safe here." I commented.

"Well where are we suppose to go?" Emma exasperated.

"Royal Nicholas set a meeting spot for us, just at the edge of the woods. We should have a car waiting." I responded.

Emma sucked in a sharp breath. "Not easily I suppose."

I frowned at her words. "What do you mean?"

"There are Hunters everywhere." Vivian replied, "Stalking every tree, around every corner."

I bit the inside of my lip. I knew Vivian and Emma were strong but I didn't know how strong they were. Meredith had said Emma was the best healer but that didn't mean she could fight, and Vivian had visions but I didn't know how well she used them.

The only option I had was to call to Zach and my Pack to return back to me and help guard everyone but I wanted them to find that Hunter and kill him.

But I couldn't be selfish. I knew I had to protect everyone and push my selfish desires behind me. No matter what I couldn't have anyone else get hurt.

Swallowing my own revenge, I called for my Pack members. They didn't even put up a fight as I requested their arrival.

"My Pack should be arriving soon." I informed the ladies. "There is no reason to fright."

I heard a hissing sound below my foot and glanced down to Val. She was glaring off into the woods behind me with a murderous look in her bright blue eyes. I had seen Val look dangerous many times before but this time it was different. The look in her eyes wasn't just murderous, there was so much more in there that I couldn't read.

When I looked up, everyone other than Meredith was looking at the cat curiously. Meredith continued to stare straight ahead of her, a completely blank look on her face. Her lips being in a thin line was the only indication that showed she knew what Val was hissing at.

Val's hissing became more strong just as I heard rustling in the tree's behind me.

I turned on my heels, crouching slightly into a offensive position. It was amazing how I heard nothing up until now and that was only because this person, whoever it was, allowed their presence to be known.

I growled out into the bushes. I heard Emma gasp in fear and heard both the ladies shuffle closer towards Meredith. I moved back, getting close enough that I could protect the three of them until my Pack arrived.