Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Andrew's POV

The second I heard Meredith's agonizing scream pierce through the air I bolted into the steam of wolfsbane emitting out of the dead Hunters body.

I saw Meredith's cowering figure huddled by the tree, her skin looking as though it were burning. I felt my Wolf clawing to take over but I pushed him back with as much force as I could. I needed control of this situation.

I didn't hesitate to quickly grab Meredith and bolt out of the fighting ground. I could feel the stinging in my right shoulder from the bullet but I paid no mind; my injuries were the last of my worries.

I could already hear some Wolves getting hurt or attacked while others ran for cover. I only prayed that the Wolves who were getting attacked were not my Pack.

When I deemed it safe, I stopped running and set Meredith down on a nearby tree. I clenched my teeth when I saw her skin was red from burning. I could only assume that Salt or some other chemical was mixed into the smoke that exploded out of the body.

"I'll kill him." Meredith growled, her body shaking from not only pain, but rage.

"He's already dead." I snarled, wishing he was alive so that I could finish the job for him.

Meredith laughed darkly. "You really think that?"

I stared at her strangely. "His body exploded."

"So it seemed." Meredith muttered.

I raised an eyebrow, feeling as though I missed something. Instead of pestering Meredith of what she was speaking of, I shook my head and crouched down in front of her. As gently as possible, I took Meredith's chin and lifted her head up so that I could examine her wounds.

Meredith hissed slightly but made no other move to stop me.

I pulled away sighing. "You're probably going to have to see...." I trailed off, not exactly knowing who she would have to see. For Wolves we had a Pack doctors, but I wasn't sure about the other Supernatural...

Meredith groaned, raking a hand through her hair gently. "Emma."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Pardon?".

"Emma is the best healer known to man." She explained with a frown.

"It's good that she's with us though, right?"

Meredith scoffed, "She'll never leave me alone."

I chuckled at that though it sounded forced. "That's why you don't wish to see her. Because she'll lecture you?"

Meredith gave me a flat look. "You've met her. You know her. Emma's concern for me is endless and it irritates me."

I sighed, shaking my head. "Well you'll have to endure it." Not wanting to waste another second arguing, I pulled out my phone and quickly dialed the home phone.

Meredith gave me a strange look while I listened to the dialing tone. I was curious as to why she was looking at me like that but I didn't waste any time asking her.

"Hello?" Nora quickly answered the phone. "Is everything alright sir?"

I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "No Nora, there seems to have been some complications."

I heard someone suck in a breath and seconds later I heard Vivian's voice. "Was it the Hunters?" She breathed.

"Yes. Th-." I stopped when Meredith gestured with her hands for the phone.