Cheering Up May Help Us, But Don't Think Of It As A Cure

The last chapter was pretty heart wrenching wasn't it?

Yep, it was. Two lives that were taken in the previous chapter.

So so sad.

It includes:

The funeral for Scarlet White & Brandon Wilkes

A clever idea from Audrey

And a surprise awaits at one funeral that shocks everything and everyone.

Something from Audrey's life has a tie-in with her past romantic history.

Enjoy!

Anyways, here's the next chapter.

Chapter 4- Cheering Up May Help Us, But Don’t Think Of It As A Cure

Los Angeles, 10:00 a.m., August 27th 2012

Two days later, Shanna has her first day of college as does Lacey. So, they walk into the campus of their community college and begin their first classes. Both girls have different classes; while Shanna is now a junior in college she helps Lacey out, a freshman.

                “So, the English wing is on the right, two doors down from my class, okay?” says Shanna. “Thanks, baby. Have a good day.” says Lacey. “You, too.” says Shanna.

Lacey heads into her English class, and eyes all of these people in here. But she notices somebody familiar; it’s Tyler.

                “I didn’t know you were going to be in this class.” says Tyler. “Surprise, surprise.” says Lacey. “Well, good; I’m glad you’re here.” says Tyler. “As is I.” says Lacey.

Class begins, and the boring lecture is already beginning. Sometimes in life, Lacey wishes Shanna was all of her teachers. It’s one of Lacey’s ultimate fantasies. In a short skirt, a white top, black vest... the more the merrier.

English ends a half-hour later, and ironically Tyler is in her next class period which is Women’s Studies 101. They both walk in and grab a seat near the first two rows, since the class isn’t that big anyway. Tyler and Lacey enjoy that class period and head off to Study Hall then Lunch.

Des Moines, Iowa 10:00 a.m. August 27th 2012

Marcus and Samuel were supposed to have class today, but due to the funeral of Brandon Wilkes, they have class tomorrow. Both boys dress in appropriate attire for the funeral, and head on down there. They see Brandon’s extended family, Percy’s family, along with more friends of Brandon. They begin the opening with a eulogy from the preacher of the church and Marcus can’t hold his tears in so Samuel consoles him once again. But they hear doors open very loudly and see Brandon’s adoptive parents, Brenda and Larry Schwan. That surely is a surprise for everyone to see including Marcus and Samuel. 

The funeral lasts for at least two more hours, and both boys head on out. Percy stops the both of them in his tracks.

                “I appreciate you guys coming out to the funeral today. Thanks a bunch. I was wondering something.” says Percy. “Yes?” says both Marcus & Samuel.  “Would you like to come over to my place?” says Percy. “Sure. We’ve got nothing but time to spare. We’ll just follow you, okay?” says Marcus. “Not a problem. See you soon. In fact, I’m leaving now, so... just go ahead and I’ll lead you the way.” says Percy.

Both boys follow to Percy’s place and they are astonished at how they see his place as. I’m guessing one of his parents has some dough in the bank. It’s a very pretty high rise condo. It may even be nicer than their place.

Kelso, Washington, 10:00 a.m., August 27th, 2012

Audrey is still depressed after the loss of her ex, Scarlet White. They are having a funeral later on today, but to the worst of the matter, Scarlet’s own parents banned Audrey from coming. It’s cause they think Audrey hurt Scarlet but when in doubt, Scarlet was the one that did all the hurting. So, since she can’t go to it, she has an idea up her sleeve. Audrey is going to disguise herself and bring Kendra along, too. She changes into a brunette wig with her pink-blue hair going into a bun with a mesh cap holding the wig. Of course, she dresses in her funeral attire as does Kendra.

They go to the funeral home and see that Scarlet’s parents are bawling their eyes out. Audrey and Kendra find a seat in the back of the church of where the funeral is being held. The disguise Audrey has on is working perfectly.  The funeral ends an hour later and Scarlet’s mom sees the disguise of Audrey. But Scarlet’s mom has no clue that it’s really Audrey.

                “I’m so sorry for your loss.” says Audrey, in her best British accent. “She was a wonderful girl. Can you stop by our house afterwards? I would love if you came.” says Mrs. White. “I don’t know. I have other plans.” says Audrey, in her continued British accent. “Please, there’ll be tea and cookies along with finger sandwiches.” says Mrs. White. “We’ll come, luv.” says Audrey, in her continued British accent.

They follow Scarlet’s mom car to their house for the small get-together after the funeral.  Audrey runs upstairs to the bathroom since the one downstairs is currently occupied. She does her business and quickly tip-toes into Scarlet’s room. The room is completely unlike hers. The walls are in brighter colors, the bedding is brighter but Audrey opens the closet door and sees something in it. Kendra is keeping Mrs. White occupied while Audrey does this. She sees a collage of her and Scarlet on her mirror. Audrey wishes she could’ve fixed her and Scarlet’s relationship but the cheating continued and Audrey was done with it.

As soon as she is done in Scarlet’s room, she heads downstairs to quickly grab Kendra and say goodbye to Mrs. White. Audrey saw what needed to be seen, so they just went ahead and left. They arrive back home at their apartment and just chill out for the remainder of the day.

                “You did great as a British woman, baby!” says Kendra. “Thanks.  You did a great job keeping Mrs. White occupied downstairs while I was in Scarlet’s room.” says Audrey. “Did you find or take anything?” says Kendra. “No, I just looked. She had a small collage of her & I on her mirror in her closet.” says Audrey. “Oh, okay. Were they nice pictures?” says Kendra. “Yeah, they were.” says Audrey.  “I’m glad they were. But for now, I still love you.” says Kendra. “I do too.” says Audrey.

They kiss for a few minutes before hearing a knock on the door. I wonder who it’s from. Audrey goes towards the door and it was the deliveryman giving her a package.

                “I didn’t order anything, did you?” says Audrey. “No, I didn’t.” says Kendra.

The box opens to reveal a care package from Erica & Ramon. The contents contain all of Audrey’s favorite things but one of them was really key. It was another rainbow bracelet identical to the one Scarlet gave her when they were dating. She puts the bracelet on her wrist and reads “Erica & Audrey BFFLs.” Audrey is breaking down crying seeing this bracelet on her. Kendra consoles her and Audrey can’t control her emotions at this point. Everything is not the way it seems.