Chapter 3

I pushed my hair back for the third time, trying to battle my way through the harsh wind. It had been two weeks and things hadn’t changed the slightest.

The whole pack, never mind school, still treated Zack like a king. Him and Venice were basically the it couple and yet still girls were still fawning over him. I couldn’t really blame them, since I was doing pretty much the exact same thing - except I couldn’t help myself.

He on the other hand, seemed to have completely forgotten my existence. After that night at the ceremony he hadn’t spoken a word, or even looked at me. It was driving me crazy.

As soon as I reached my house, I rushed upstairs to my room and dumped my bag in the corner. School had always been quite bad, but now with Venice and Zack’s relationship being the talk of the century, it was just getting agonizing.

I lay on my bed, thinking everything through for a good few hours. It was only when I heard the doorbell ring that I got snapped back to reality. Seeing as everyone else seemed to be busy – or just really lazy, I sighed and reluctantly made my way to the frontdoor.

The brunette haired girl behind caught me by surprise. “Whitney?”

“Yeah, it’s me. Hi.” She greeted, looking considerably bored. “Are you going to let me in or what?”

Unlike the gorgeous Latina look Venice had going on; Whitney had more of a fair skin tone with silky locks of hair reaching her elbows. Her figure was thin like mine, with dainty yet sharp features. Overall it was no wonder as to why she had most of the male population chasing after her.

“Oh yeah, sure,” I mumbled, stepping to the side to let her in. “Um, I don’t think Esther is back home from school yet. She’s on detention again-“

“I’m not here for Esther, I’m here for you. Rochelle right?” She asked, her sapphire coloured eyes scanning me with curiosity.

“I am …” I confirmed, confused.

A small smirk appeared on her lips as she sauntered up the stairs. “I’ve been watching you Hart, and honestly, I think you are just way too innocent for your own good.” She paused beside my door. “Is this your room?”

“Yeah …”

She marched in and crossed her arms. “I’m going here to be your fairy godmother. I’m here to teach you how to stop being a doormat.”

I stared at her, unsure as to whether she was serious or not. “Why?”

“Because I’m trying to be a nice person. And it’s really kind of annoying to see losers in our pack walk all over you, I mean, you’re hot – all most as hot as me – it’s insulting.”

“Oh … Thank you …”

“Oh, and I‘m going to give you the help whether you want it or not.” Flipping her hair, she walked over to the closet and opened the door. “And don’t worry, I won’t be changing too much of your image.”

I quietly sat down on the bed and watched her fling some clothes out. My mind was forcing me to say something, anything, except I was too scared. There had only been very few times Whitney didn’t get her way, and she managed to ruin the victim each time. My best bet was agreeing with whatever she said.

She spun on her heel to face me, her manicured fingers holding up a skirt. “You actually have a pretty good fashion taste. Except you have no idea how to wear these clothes! Take me for example.” Whitney was wearing a tightly fitted dark blue dress, reaching above her knees and showing off her figure. It was paired up with a cute leather jacket and black heels. “You’re not a little girl anymore okay; you need to show off your assets.”